jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)

Why are taxpayers paying for this??

1. habee profile image96
    habeeposted 6 years ago

The legal defense for former Fannie and Freddie execs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/24/busin … JAGOVuANkg

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
      Stump Parrishposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Partially because they forget that some of us are watching. Not doing anything about it but by damn were watching them.

1. habee profile image96
        habeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How is this Habee- The Government is going to do what it wants with the money it receives, regardless of what people want done with it.

I find it ironic that people believe they have a say in what money can be used for what, when government doesn't listen anyways. lol

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Because most taxpayers obviously think they are not taxed enough, yet. smile

3. Mighty Mom profile image86
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Arrgggh. Because the government took them over and thus the government is responsible for their debts.

1. habee profile image96

That stinks!

4. Mighty Mom profile image86
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I agree.
    Waiting for the righties and Evan to log on and faint dead in their tracks when they see that lol

1. habee profile image96

Lol, MM. You're such a wicked lib! I loves ya, anyway, though!

5. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I am invisible! I am invisible! big_smile tongue

1. habee profile image96

You, my handsome friend, are anything but invisible! lol

6. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I think we should all get a look at the people who contributed greatly to the destruction of our economy.

Franklin Raines
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/Franklin_Raines_July_2002.jpg

1. Cagsil profile image61

A lot more went into destroying the Economy than just these two companies. And, to point fingers at any one thing, negates the irresponsibility of everything else which was the cause. wink

Just a thought.

1. killerdave profile image58
        killerdaveposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good point, Cagsil.  There are so many elements and people involved that I don't have enough appendages to count them all!

1. profile image66
          logic,commonsenseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

But what these 2 companies did by loaning money to people who had little or no chance of paying their mortgages was instrumental in the starting the snowball down the hill.

1. killerdave profile image58
            killerdaveposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Also a good point. You can't cure a bad economy by throwing money at it. This has been proven time and again. It only makes things worse.

7. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Timothy Howard

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2006/08/24/2003049218.jpg

8. profile image61
    C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago

YEA, BUT WE INCREASED HOME OWNERSHIP BY....OH WAIT THEY ALL GOT REPOSSESSED....

9. Aficionada profile image90
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I know this is off-topic (sorry), but I was out of town and off the grid for about eight days, and during that time Cagsil seems to have reversed his forum absence. Sounds like an interesting story.  Would someone please share a link so I can catch up on what I've missed?

Things changed and specific timing on other things have been made, so participating in the forums could still be done. It's been worked out that I can still be here and have time to work on other things. Thank you for your interest, but that's all that changed. wink Btw- you could have contacted me directly, instead of making it public here, but to each their own. wink

1. Aficionada profile image90
        Aficionadaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the explanation, Cagsil. smile  Yes, it's true I could have found a different way to ask.  But I do remember that it was a very public departure, wink so I guessed that it was possibly a public return as well and there may have been other posters who also missed any story, if there was one. 

I know that you are very loved here, and I am sure you were missed intensely in the forums during your absence.  It couldn't have seemed like the same place without you!  Welcome back.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Much appreciated. smile

1. Aficionada profile image90
            Aficionadaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

working