What's bothering you?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (105 posts)
  1. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 12 years ago

What is the one thing that's really bothering you that you'd like to get off your chest?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People's ignorance when it comes to responsibility for themselves. wink

It's growing to epic proportions. The amount of people who are dishonest with themselves is astounding, to say the least.

Some people, if you pay close attention to, are literally stupidity in motion. None of their actions makes any sense. They always do things the harder way, instead of trying to figure out an easier method. It is at time funny to watch, but sad nonetheless.

Okay, that's my short rant about what's bothering me. It just been recognized over the last day or two. The underlying problem is responsibility for self. Most people are not.

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But Cags, what is easy for you and I might be more than rocket science for others!
        Do you think they should be cast aside and fall back on their resources that might consist of no more than robbing?

Okay John, I had already factored that into my statement. I said some people are stupidity in motion and how I saw it, and what the main cause for it. I know people learn at their own pace and it cannot be rushed.

What I see is a lack of initiative to learn. Most people are beginning to lose the knack for learning. They get set in their ways and refuse to open their mind to more.

I didn't say anything about them other than I watch some. I know what their problem is, but making them understand, that I understand their problem is usually where the self-defensiveness comes into play. Everyone always thinks their right, in their thinking and believing.

Would I leave them behind to die out on the streets? No, I wouldn't, and if you've read my "Help Homeless Project" Hub, you would see what exactly I am doing about it.

I understand the number one problem- honest education. It isn't too difficult to operate schools, if the schools were business based. Which, most schools in America, keep changing and/or re-writing history, so as to change it. It's ridiculous.

The only way to gain equality in America is through having a solid education.

OK, understood.

2. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil, I think you're spot on.  As a race the median (not necessarily the average) ability to learn is decreasing rapidly.

I watched today as a woman stretched her laptop cord across the 4 foot entry to a living room at about ankle height and sat down to work on her computer.  And in a house with 4 young active children!  Both ends of the cord were already damaged from being repeatedly yanked on, but she hadn't learned yet. 

Do we really need to tell people guiding a 2 ton pile of steel at 100 feet per second to pay attention and not read phone messages?  Can they not think for themselves and find the inevitable result?  (Answer; no they cannot.  Even when given proof it is denied as unwanted and therefore not true).

It seems to me that the biggest problem is baby sitting.  We have taught people for many years that someone else will take care of them - that they don't need to consider consequences and think about actions.  We may teach in schools (although that is questionable) but we then take away any reason to use what is learned.  We remove any reason for people to actually use that organ inside their skull by babysitting them for the rest of their lives.

When someone takes a mortgage out for more than they can afford to pay back we cry for them and force the lender to lower payments and rates wile idolizing the defaulter that refuses to give up the house he can't afford.  When a woman buys a hot cup of coffee and dumps it in her lap we cry and pay her because she didn't know it was hot.  The incredibly stupid product warning labels required for liability protection today are but a small indication of the problem.

Until we as a people are willing to let others pay their own price for their stupidity they will remain stupid and unthinking regardless of any amount of teaching and training we might provide.

2. profile image49
      ShortStoryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What bothers me are arrogant, delusional buffoons who think that they and only they are privy to 'Truth' that is obvious to their higher mind but a mystery to everyone else. I don't mean faith or a particular opinion, but Truth - with a capital 'T' that silly, self-important fools have convinced themselves they possess and everyone else is lacking.

1. duffsmom profile image60
        duffsmomposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and if you don't agree with them, they give that pitying look that says, "you obviously don't understand!"  That gets my vote!

3. Fluffymetal profile image76
      Fluffymetalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People who disagree with medical marijuana being legalized... get on board.

Daffy Duckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree with it because of the damage to the brain that it causes, but I appreciate your honesty.

Depending on where you are standing in the US, just breathing could kill brain cells. lol

2. Fluffymetal profile image76
          Fluffymetalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

THC does kill brain cells... bad ones!

4. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing is really bothering me.. it it does, I either do what I can to change what I can, or rise about it and move on.
      Some things are out of our control. A lot of humans make their own misery and blame it on others, that's not going to change.

2. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 12 years ago

Libs really bother me! Why can't they move to cuba?

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lady Love. Why do they bother you? Wasn't the United States founded on the concept of Liberty for all? What is the Statue of Liberty about? Do you prefer fascism? I really don't understand your value set.

Sophia, quite simply Lady Love is terrified by any thing different to her narrow view of the world, be it colour or religion or anything else.

Sad really she misses out on so much love.

lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because they want to eliminate freedom in a very sneaky way pretending to be caring and kind and solving the worlds problems... all LIES!

Whilst you would, for instance, eliminate the minimum wage and have people working for less than a living wage and would have everybody who disagreed with your narrow world view deported!

Some freedom! Some caring! Some way to solve the worlds problems!

1. profile image49

How many people do you think live and support themselves on one minimum wage job?

Probably none!
              That's good in your book!
              Having to work 80 hours a week to just keep body and soul together!

1. profile image49

Don't tell me what's good in my book, champ. Keep your baseless assumptions to yourself.

Only 9.2 percent of poor people work a full-time job, meaning the vast majority of those minimum-wage jobs are part time employment by those supplementing other jobs, living at home, or getting some other assistance. Raising the minimum wage to a point where that reality would change would be more extreme than any elected democrat could support and would in any case be crippling to the economy. People just take an emotional approach to the issue.

Please reciprocate.

2. DTR0005 profile image61
              DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

If the US Census Bureau is any measure, about 1 in 6 are living at or below the poverty line. So I am guessing, without doing the research, a fair amount of people are working either at minimum wage or slightly above it.

2. Daffy Duck profile image61

Hey John H. pay nice now.  Lady Love has her opinion.

Lady Love, are you paid per exclamation mark or per post? So what part of New Jersey are you from? loll

3. profile image0

Lady Love, I don't know where you get your life experience from, or where you live, but your perspective is horrendously inaccurate. You need to travel more and meet more people.

1. lady_love158 profile image61

So says you but from what I can see its the liberals that see government as the solution to every problem and continues to promote more of it. More government = less freedom that's a simple fact!

1. profile image0

Lady love. What you're talking about is the consequence of the winner taking it all. When the one side takes too much because it believes that the winner has a right to take it all, the losing side then begins to find a way to get something for itself. There has to be balance in any community. When that community is disrupted  because one side has substantially more than the other, then the side that doesn't have will begin to take what it can through anyway feasible. 

At this point in history, as in many others, most of the rich people out there are not rich because they are more talented and more hardworking. They are rich because they don't mind the occasional illegal gesture, bribery, malice, underpaying people, special interests making special laws, etc.

Also, the word 'liberal' is not the same as the word 'welfare'. Welfare is a state where the poor draw subsistence from the government. That has nothing to do with liberalism. Liberalism means to be free.

I think it's a false premise that the poor care about how much more the rich have. That's just not true! The only thing that matters to most people is do they have what they need and the opportunity to get it. This class warfare is just nonsense promoted by the left as a means to an end to garner more power unto themselves.

1. profile image0

Lady Love, so you've actually spoken to all the poor people in the world, and you know that every single one of them doesn't mind about being poor, and they don't mind about there being no work, and they don't mind that they battle for every penny.

On top of that, you have a problem with middle class and upper middle class professionals (who comprise the 'liberals') for some reason. You want to export them to Cuba leaving New York and California completely empty.

The only people left will then be the uneducated, the dirt poor religious right, the super corporations that work the poor to the bone and then take every bean they can for themselves while they build gold yachts and eventually go to prison for ponzi schemes.

Well, you have interesting values.

Not quite sure whether you're a troll or not, but it seems like it. Nobody with a brain could believe the above. So you must be a troll.

Lol! What a load if hooey! Half of this things I never said the other half are pattened false hoods! Oh did you talk to evey poor person in the world? Get real!

Be nice Sophia.  Everyone has an opinion.

2. profile image49

Is there anything more pretentious than people who tell others they need to "travel more"?

Lol! That's the left! They know sooo much more than us ordinary misguided folks! Lol

2. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there anything more pretentious than believing in the superiority of your own culture or religion even though you've neither the desire nor the motivation to learn about other cultures or religions and are perfectly content to remain in your own little ignorant cocoon?

1. profile image49

That would be an interesting point if anyone had indicated any such thing.

In any case, that might be ignorant but not pretentious.

3. profile image49

What makes you think liberals represent the ideal of liberty for all?

What makes you think republicans represent the ideal of liberty for all, or even more than the chosen few?

1. DTR0005 profile image61

Professor Love has made it very clear that there is no room in the US for liberals - we should all go to Cuba. So we know which side her bread is buttered on...

2. profile image49

Where did I say anything about that? I think your reading problem stems from the fact that you just don't pay attention.

Well we were talking about Lady Love - are YOU Lady Love?

1. profile image49

JH was responding to me. PAY ATTENTION.

1. recommend1 profile image59
                  recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

And yet - you possibly ARE lady-love.  You have been many different faces here before, why not a scarlet woman this time around ?  Let's see now, TKSensei, Sad-Oh, I can't remember the rest off-hand.   big_smile

lol lol lol

2. profile image49

I'm only me. The rest is between you and your shrink.

3. DTR0005 profile image61

Bingo! That is what I have been thinking for a week now.

2. John Holden profile image60

Oh dear, too smart for you was it. You asked "What makes you think liberals represent the ideal of liberty for all?" I asked the counter point.

Please pay attention.

2. profile image0

@Short Story. I don't. However, I also don't think the GOP does. I think people are individuals. And I think these constant derogatory remarks about the opposition parties are the most bizarre thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. At the height of apartheid, when I was very much on the other side, I never saw this kind of malice and viciousness. Nor did I see it in England or Germany or Spain. In short, I have never lived in such a divided country in my entire life.

1. profile image49

Sure you have. The US have always been 'divided' by politics. We scream and yell and argue about it all the time; always have.

Take one black President, add a push for national healthcare and banking reform, shake vigorously with recession, serve chilled over the Tea Party with crushed insurance and banking industries as a twist.

You have a country whose demographic is quickly, almost at lightning speed, moving away from the traditional WASP profile. Some of this, to be certain, is tribalism - white American feels it is "losing" its country, because, though it may say differently, it believes itself to be a white, Christian nation. And now it sees Hispanics and blacks overtaking the percentages. The Tea Party is the neo-fascist response.

Lol! You couldn't be more wrong! Where is the evidence for your view or are you like all libs you just know?  Lol

Well I know the last time with had a resurgence in neo-fascism was around 1958 - when the Birchers came on the national scene. The Bircher movement, the ones who accused Dwight Eisenhower of being a "Communist plant," and were drummed out of affiliation with the Republican Party by that screaming liberal, William F. Buckley,  saw communists around every corner and saw Civil Rights as a potential destructive force to the "American way of life."

So instead of Civil Rights and the "Soviet Red Scare" we have Barack Obama and the Democrats and the Moslems. Instead of the Civil Rights movement destroying American, we have banking and healthcare reform.

BATSH1T CRAZY

Wasn't it the Birchers that thought Eisenhower was a communist plant and Buckley was.the voice of reason?

And what was the Birchers big sin thinking the civil rights movement was being instigated by communists? Probably not outside the rhelm of reason. Was that thinking any different than the libs today thinking the Kochs are behind every bit of resistance to all things liberal?

I checked out the Birchers site and it doesn't look like an extremist organization to me !

It wouldn't, you're so extreme yourself.

Buckley was the voice of reason and essentially "killed" the Bircher movement with his power and popularity  - Buckley was the GOP at that time. But then again, the GOP was a lot more sensible during the late 60's, 70's, and 80's. Today, the GOP has hopped in bed with the Neo-Fascists and voila - traditional Conservatives, which I respect, have been hamstrung by the Tea Party.

And the Kochs are about the money - that's obvious. The rest of the "returning America to the good ole days" is just window dressing. It gets the squirrels in the door, it's appealing. If you told the Tea Partiers that Koch Industries benefits greatly from Federal corn subsidies and that one of the more obvious "socialist" programs they haven't railed against is Federal argicultural subsidies, they might get a clue that it isn't about idealogy - it's all about money. Then again, I haven't met too many Tea Partiers who demonstrate themselves capable of advanced reasoning.

All politics is about getting people to vote against their own self interests.

3. DTR0005 profile image61

Wow.. you're RIGHT Lady LOVE - the communists were behind the Civil Rights Movement - now I am 100% convinced you are paid to make Conservatives looks stupid....

2. profile image0

DTR005. I think you might have something. The WASP profile is being changed.

3. profile image49

That doesn't make a lot of sense. If the country is changing (as it always has) then "it" wouldn't be losing "its" identity, would it? As for the Christian thing, the majoritiy of blacks and Latinos in the US are also Christian, so I don't know where you think you're going with that.

The Tea Party movement has black and Latino members and is certainly NOT "neo-fascist" so that whole bit is just meaningless nonsense and an excuse for adding some 'code words' to a partisan post.

What I said was that the nation is moving away from the White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant profile. I am not certain where you are going with that - my point is that it is changing from being the traditional Protestant anchor in the WASP title.. If anything, Hispanics, the fastest growing segment of the population, have traditionally been Catholic. And Catholic isn't Protestant. So if most Hispanics are Catholic and they are the fastest growing segment of the population, then is stands to reason that the number of Catholics is increasing.

The Tea Party demographic is the following: White, male, over 44, and self-identifying as "born-again Christian" or Evangelical with the strongest movement in the American Southwest.

As what makes it not "neo-fascist?" You saying it isn't? I based my critique on what the Tea Party's polititcal reps are trying to push into law.
                Fascism, at least historically, has included the following goal/objectives: the funneling of public money to the private sector, the destruction of trade and labor unions, the promotion of ultra-nationalism, the persecution of homosexuals and other groups considered "deviant" and detrimental to the "national character," the persecution and ridicule of intellectuals, and a strong emphasis to redefine the "national identity" via deportation of "foreigners."
                I mean it sounds a lot like fasism.

Tea Party Patriots Mission Statement and Core Values Mission Statement The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

Yeah that sounds like facism! Lol! roll

I see you were on the conference call with Schummer and Reid too!

Sorry Professor - blogged about it on another site a long time back - about the time you were folding your first piece of tinfoil - wrote a hub about it too. Don't need Schummer or Reid to bring me to this obvious conslusion - 12th grade history was sufficient.

2. tony0724 profile image60
                  tony0724posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Tea Party demographic is the following: White, male, over 44, and self-identifying as "born-again Christian" or Evangelical with the strongest movement in the American Southwest.

So obviously this makes them bad people right ? Now who is being prejudiced ? I get to say this, I am not white.

No.. doesn't make them bad people. The radical, borederline-fasict belief system makes them "bad." I fit the demographic perfect except for the Evangelical part.

4. DannyMaio profile image59
              DannyMaioposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what a racist comment. WOW you should be ashamed.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64
                Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No it's not. He spoke the truth.

Professor Love, if all the "libs" moved to Cuba, you would be sorely lacking in doctors, lawyers, scientists, teachers, college professors, economists, etc...etc.

You might find your resources a little "stretched" if you had to depend on plumbers, real estate agents, life insurance agents,  pharmaceutical reps, and car salesmen to run the country.

And telephone sanitizers!

For those who don't get it, that's a nod to The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Lol!  You love to just make stuff up don't you! Trust me this country would br better off without those liberal union activist death threat sending indoctrinators that pass for teachers and college professors ( like Obama).

New Jersey or New York? lmao - I am BETTING New Jersey - North Jersey - between Newark and Holmdel. You just got that certain "je ne said quoi" that I remember all so well lmao

You wouldn't say that to Snookie's face! Lol!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64

More like Dr. Laura, Phyllis Schlafly or Nancy Grace but less warm and fuzzy.

2. profile image0

lady love...so you're all for getting rid of half the US population? What is wrong with you? How can you hate so much? Why are you so intolerant?

Id settle for getting them out of government maybe they could work for charities feed the homeless and such or start a commune and weave baskets.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
              Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If we thought for one minute the GOP could handle the actual responsibility of running the country, we'd be glad to hand it over.
              Right. And dinosaurs and humans roamed the earth simultaneously and the moon is made of green cheese. Dream on!

It's all about JOBS! - now let's talk about abortion...

3. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 12 years ago

I am bothered by trolls, who have been banned from the site on numerous occasions, creating hubless new alter-egos to make snide quips about people's alleged reading problems wink

EDIT: We think alike, Recommend1

1. profile image0

I've noticed.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64

Yes.

3. profile image49

Thinking alike: the highest virtue among liberals.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Although this focuses specifically on the mood inside California's capitol, it perfectly describes today's Congress, as well. THIS kind of "new breed" of Republican is one of the two biggest things that bothers me most right now.

Viewpoints: In new Capitol, collegial spirit has vanished

By William Endicott
    Special to The Bee
    Published: Saturday, Apr. 2, 2011 - 12:00 am | Page 13A

There are times – actually, most of the time – when I wonder exactly what kind of California the new breed of Republican state legislators would have us live in.

There presumably would be no state parks. Schools would teach readin', 'riting and 'rithmetic and not much else, in overcrowded classrooms. The needy and aged would be expected to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and quit whining.

Want public safety? Buy yourself a gun. Forget public transportation. Need medical care? Take two aspirin. Anything that requires tax money? Don't count on it.

How else to interpret the foolish move fearful Republican legislators have taken, locking themselves into a no-new-taxes pledge, pushed by an anti-tax advocate in Washington and the local don't-touch-my-money guy?

But once upon a time in California, there were Republicans of another kind in the Legislature. They might even be called statesmen. One of them was Bob Monagan, who served a two-year term as Assembly speaker in 1969-70, during Ronald Reagan's governorship.

Monagan, who died in 2009, was among a group of freshmen GOP moderates elected in 1960 who became known as the "Young Turks." Their number included Jack Veneman and Bill Bagley, among others.

Years ago, when the Legislature's dysfunction was already well documented and Monagan was long out of office, I called him and asked him to compare the Assembly of his day to the Assembly at that time.

The most dramatic change, he said, was the growth of extreme partisanship and the loss of collegiality that once saw political foes battling over issues during the day and having dinner together at night.

"We would fight and claw and hammer and push, but when it was over, we were quite ready to go out to share dinner and social experiences with each other," Monagan said. "Now they don't seem to like each other. They don't leave their fights on the floor after the session is over."

That was in 1994, and things have only gotten worse since – much worse.

Before Republicans won a narrow majority in the Assembly in 1968, Monagan as minority leader worked closely with the Democratic speaker, the legendary Jesse Unruh, to streamline and modernize the Legislature, a move that in today's hostile political climate would have tea party Republicans mounting a recall campaign against him.

Republican political historian and author Tony Quinn was quoted in a Monagan obituary as saying that the Monagan speakership was the capstone of 15 years of reforms. [b]"There was a lot of centrist legislation that put policy ahead of partisanship,"[b] said Quinn. "That began to decline after he left."

Monagan was always gracious, always open to new ideas, a person of character and exceptional leadership. Obstructionist politics were not in his nature or those of his "Young Turk" colleagues.

As Barbara O'Connor, former director of the Institute for the Study of Politics and Media at California State University, Sacramento, said upon Monagan's death, "We could certainly use a few more like him today. … He knew how to respect views, build consensus and develop moderate policies. Would be nice if a few took a chapter from his book."

Amen.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/04/02/352194 … z1IVqly1iu

1. profile image0
  5. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 12 years ago

I was gonna say laundry bugs me but never mind !

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...tonight?....this darn piece of popcorn!

http://i46.tinypic.com/nnteur.jpg

There is another video on U tube with one trying to eat a piece of popcorn while laying on a piano.

7. scarletquill99 profile image75
    scarletquill99posted 12 years ago

Prejudice and people taking it upon themselves to talk down to others.  It really pisses me off. 

Just be *nice*, people, be nice!  One gains nothing from being sharp-tongued and snarky.

I agree completely.  Something else that makes me mad is when hollywood puts it in movies and tries to get people to laugh using this crap.  I would have loved to watch "Blazing Saddles" but I couldn't get passed the first 10 minutes because of that.

8. manlypoetryman profile image77
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Monotony is bothering me!

Itb can literally be physically tiring as well as mentally.  I'm going through it now myself.

9. profile image53
    robinva18posted 12 years ago

Why has it taken 10 years to now ,the military will prosecute the 911 jihadists which i'm fine with. But now ooh another broken promise from President Obama not doing it in New York. Congress says we can't afford it and i agree.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

About 80% of people not liking their jobs, for most waking hours of their lives.

Sometime gets my goat

For me it doesn't matter where we prosecute them as long as we do.

10. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 12 years ago

Hey guys.  I hope that this interaction with Lady Love is on the lighter end and not as serious as what it looks like.  Please everyone try to remember that people are entitled to their opinion regardless if you agree with them or not.  Relax a little will ya. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)