Victory in Wisconsin

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image0
    David99999posted 13 years ago

Congratulations, to the decent, honest, law-abiding, hard-working people of Wisconsin! Tyranny - at least, for the moment - has been blocked. Governor Walker's supporter are akin to the supporters of Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany.

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

David you better check the updates on the Wisconsin Judges race. And if you think a Teacher making bomb threats is honorable, well what can I tell you ?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Look before you leap.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Victory in Wisconsin"

"Take THAT Governor Walker!"

You and Mighty Mom make a great team.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you notice how he defined "the opposite of tyranny" as "tyranny"?

that was amazing.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image60

how is "spending less money, and taxing less from the populace" Tyranny?

... you just called the opposite of tyranny "tyranny".

Wow.

I'm actually at a loss here.

This is amazing. Orwell called it! 1984!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Spending less money isn't tyranny. The objection is to the nullification of the right to organize and bargain collectively which citizens of Wisconsin have enjoyed for the past 80 years or so and which has been a key national policy which has enabled the United States to adapt to in industrial society without revolution.

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Yeah--you are dealing with the most unscrupulous people on earth...the bagger cult of money and suppression.
    What's throwing a few elections? You DO remember 2000 and 2004?
    It's nothing new.
    Freedom!yay, rah rah

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60

I caught you again:

How is the Wisconsin group "unscrupulous"? Sure, Wisconsin is going to keep paying for things, but the money that is being used to pay for it is coming from theft!

Caught you again! I'll look forward to pointing out that the very things you insist are good are actually evil.

1. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What Ralph said.

2. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Evan, for the benefit of those unfamiliar with the fantasy of pure libertarianism, please list the top three  countries who only collect voluntary taxes and explain how optional support of government works.

At the end of the Declaration of Independence, just above the signatures,   and I quote, "pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunesand our sacred Honor. " Fifty-six patriots signed knowing the literal truth of the promise. Each of them would have been hanged if independence was not won.   

Those teabaggers unwilling to part with the their fair portion of the fortune which the system of democracy lets them build are not patriots and are without honor.

1. lovemychris profile image77
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hear Hear.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
            Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now Doug,
            Are you deliberately changing the subject again (classic liberal trick).
            You know as well as I do that the Declaration of Independence is just a piece of paper!!!
            Nobody cares what is written there.
            I mean, yeah, it helped us get out from under England and all, but after that... who cares??

As any self-respecting TeaBagger will tell you, if it's not in the CONSTITUTION it's not worth crap.
            The Constitution is the one and only defining creed of government.
            Get with the program, Doug!
            May I suggest an easy way to bone up?
            Tune in to Mr. Glenn Beck on Fox News.
            Oh wait! Sorry... he's not there.
            Hmmmm.
            Well, I'm sure you can find everything you need to know at any number of Tea Party Express websites lol lol

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Oops. I replied to LMC when I meant to reply to Doug Hughes.
    All this thinking about Tea Baggers has me loopy! lol

4. Mighty Mom profile image77

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit … 08059.html

Interesting (but again odd) that the main news page of the Milwaukee paper does not talk at all about what occurred in Waukesha County. You have to go to the Waukesha County tab to read about the "found" votes for Prosser.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My buddy Evan complains about money printed out of thin air.

What about votes create from thin air?

There will be a recount and I expect the clerk has a pardon from the governor lined up.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77

Also from the jsonline...
    Not for anything, but, is it typical for COUNTY CLERKS to hold PRESS CONFERENCES like Ms. Nickolaus did? Before even notifying her superior of her mistakes? Tell me that's not ... weird.

Madison -- The state's top elections official said Friday he is sending state staff to examine results in Waukesha County, where thousands of untallied votes were revealed Thursday affecting the tight Supreme Court race.

"Because of the attention on vote totals from Brookfield, I am dispatching G.A.B. staff to Waukesha County today to review the business processes and verify the reported results in the election for Supreme Court justice," Kevin Kennedy, director of the state Government Accountability Board, said in a statement. "I have been in close contact with Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus since her news conference on Thursday, and have directed her to make the official returns from the polling places available for public inspection. These documents are public records. I believe she is now taking steps to ensure transparency and public confidence in the official results."

On Thursday, Nickolaus said that she failed to save on her computer and then report 14,315 votes in the City of Brookfield, omitting them entirely in an unofficial total she released after Tuesday’s election. With other smaller errors in Waukesha County, that meant incumbent Supreme Court Justice David Prosser gained 7,582 votes over challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg, leaving the sitting justice significantly ahead for now amid ongoing official counting.

At a later news conference, Kennedy said that Kloppenburg's campaign would be allowed to look at the figures used to arrive at the official county totals.

Kennedy said that state officials would not be checking the ballots from Brookfield or the rest of the county before any possible recount. To do that would require the Accountability Board to go to court and Kennedy said that he didn't believe that was warranted as of now.

The ballots remain in the custody of Nickolaus in bags that were closed with numbered seals on election night by poll workers, Kennedy said.

Kennedy said that he believed Nickolaus, who discovered her error on Wednesday, should have informed him sooner than she did on Thursday shortly before announcing the mistake at a press conference.

"I would expect as soon as you know you've made a mistake you would disclose it," Kennedy said.

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

I hate Obama...

Cha Ching!!!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)