The Donald is Stone Faced at Correspondents Dinner

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)
  1. thebrucebeat profile image60
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

Poor Donald Trump!  He couldn't catch a break at the White House Correspondent's dinner.  The President roasted him, and Seth Meyer was relentless, and they were both hilarious.

The only problem was, Don had incredibly thin skin and absolutely no sense of humor.

Do you think his sad and childish reaction to his roasting (far better than his actual roast, by the way)will help him or hurt him?

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe Trump is a serious candidate let alone a serious contender.  Trump likes the spot light, remember the meaningless and silly feud with Rosie O'Donnell?  His series is kicking off again and he must be bored at home.  The guy is hardly the conservative he claims to be considering his contributions to people like Rom Emanuel and Chuck Shumer.

He will say it is for practical business purposes but one must ask - if you're values collapse in a business deal how will they hold up in a diplomatic or military conflict?

Given Trumps bombast, his foul mouth and his penchant for the loud proclamations of "look at me!"  I doubt middle America will support him and that support makes the president.

You can have the rich, the connected, the politically smart.  You can have actors, business people, Oprah.  You can have all of academe' but if you don't have the modest American middle, you cannot win.

Neither Trump nor Obama have the middle at this point.  We shall see what happens by 11/2012.

2. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He is such a nasty piece of work.
      And, I wonder who will keep him to his word?
      It's all the same MO with these Obama-bashers...

"Show me the BC!" "Show me the BC!" ....relentlessly.

But--Trump said he would release his tax return if Pres Obama released his BC. So--where is it? And how come no one is hounding him, like they hounded Obama?

What is he doing, FIXING it? Changing it? Trying to HIDE something?
      Where is it Trump?? And why is no one hounding you?

Dam--Where's Keith Olbermann when you need him?

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

It's incredibly bad form to display thin skin at these events. Best to get into the spirit and dish it back with a smile.
    The Donald does not have the emotional maturity to be POTUS.
    That's the downside of such a large, inflated ego. Underneath it he's not very self-confident.
    If he can't stand this level of heat, can you imagine him campaigning, debating, or addressing a hostile Congress?
    Go back to TVland, Donnie boy.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

I was shopping for some professional looking ties. My fiancee loves the color yellow, and we saw these bright yellow ties that were just awesome.

Then I saw that they were made by Donald Trump's company.

Oh well, what a bummer! I wanted those ties, but just couldn't bring myself to give that twit money.

4. thebrucebeat profile image60
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

I think very few people have acquitted themselves quite as poorly as the Donald did last night.
    uncorrectedvision and I don't agree on very much, but I think his post is pretty accurate, save for his take on the American middle.  I think they are catching on that the characterization of Obama as some kind of wild-eyed radical is fallacious and agenda driven, the agenda being his defeat.  Trump has gone a long way toward driving the middle Obama's way, because he has been so artless in his unfounded attacks that it has made many of the other attacks seem simply mean spirited and cynically political.  He has been a serious detriment to the Republican cause.

5. NEWSHAWKER profile image60
    NEWSHAWKERposted 12 years ago

in a dark hole somewhere where he belongs

6. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I watched it and he was the butt of most of the speakers jokes all right. What better way to gain sympathy and attention?
    He is a media whore in the worst sense...

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Prediction , Donald is no more a viable candidate than Pat Poulsen was. All of this is smoke and mirrors , dems trying to draw something out of nothing , Trumps just one more rich fool with a voice. You know! Got to keep that "racism" thing alive.  Playing cards!Thats all. Trumps even nominated .....I go to Canada!

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a nasty thing to say about Pat Paulson. He may be spinning in his grave.

8. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Strange days, indeed.
    Assuming Trump and his trump-d up candidacy are just a diversion tactic, who is the "real" GOP candidate that Trump is diverting us from?
    Hard to picture the hand-off here.
    Guiliani's name hasn't even been mentioned! lol

9. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

That roast... sucked.

As much as Trump is a jerk-nugget, Meyers didn't really roast, he just insulted.

It was ... bad...

Colbert's roast of W. was MUCH better. Of course, no one could ever out-do Colbert's roast, but Meyers wasn't even in the right ballpark, let alone the right sport.

1. thebrucebeat profile image60
      thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I personally laughed 'til I cried.  Couldn't disagree with you more.

10. profile image0

The only thing better than this "Trumped" up debate would be if we elect the next pres. on American Idol,  Oh , what ? They are going to !  Move over Snidely Whiplash , I going to the Yukon  now......I hear they don't have American media there .......

11. Mikeydoes profile image42
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago
  12. profile image0

He should be roasted alright , for the last time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)