jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Disappearng Non-persons

1. Charles James profile image82
    Charles Jamesposted 6 years ago

n George Orwell's "1984" the principal character spends his life erasing all official record of any person who has fallen into disfavour. Not only do they cease to exist, they never existed.

A bit over a week ago I had a falling out with a hubber "weholdthesetruths", often called "WHTT". I decided to look at the hub over which we had fallen out. I discovered that WHTT is now a non-person. He has no entry, he has no hubs. The index has a few passing references to comments he made.

I do not mourn his passing, but does anyone know why?

1. DTR0005 profile image83
      DTR0005posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Charles, it appears he was "banned." I am not certain I like the idea of that - regardless of how far out his view of the world and my own were.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey DTR, when people are banned, they are told that if it continues, then their bans will become longer and longer, until it results in a permanent ban.

Just to let you know. wink And, yes, I've been banned several times.

I didn't know that Cagsil - seriously. While I have been pretty "harsh" at times, no one has pulled the trigger on me. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome wink

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Apparently WHTT has unpublished hubs. Why? What difference does it matter. People come and go all the time. hmm

3. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 6 years ago

I suspect it was his inability to tell the difference between robust debate and personal insults, really personal insults.

Well John, WHTT was a prick - no need to mince words. Still, it was lively while he was here....lol

A lively annoyance is non-productive with regards to a discussion and/or debate. wink

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

It seems Gloating has taken over as being the most annoying thing in the forums Cags! roll

5. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago

If you need instruction how to crash and burn on HP, heres the post that did 'weholdthesetruths' in.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/73445

The man was flailing wildly at everyone. IMO, what did him in was insulting a senior HP moderator. The moderator was trying to get him to chill. He had his own worldview, which we all do. He refused to accept any challenge to that view. Thats a problem if you want to do battle on the forums. And I did challenge it his view.

I don't expect a Christmas card from weholdthesetruths this year.  Oh, well.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately Doug, that wasn't an isolated post, more like a typical post.

2. DTR0005 profile image83

Doug, I DO remember that stellar piece of work WHTT posted!

6. Charles James profile image82
    Charles Jamesposted 6 years ago

Thank you colleagues for the information.
    No great loss!

working