The Party's over. The tea was lousy.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5072542_f248.jpg

This was the Tea Party Rally in South Carolina on Thursday. The Donald cancelled because he realized he wasn't ready for the big league. No one was interested in Michelle Bachmann or the governor (Nikki Haley speaking to the crowd in the photo).

It was fun while it lasted, but it's time for the grown-ups to clean up the mess left behind by conservatives.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its Myrtle Beach time in SC now, forget politics until the fall. Right now it's USC Graduation, Clemson Graduation and Beach and Golf weather. Not unusual for that there. Columbia is only 2 hours off the Ocean and relaxation. farmers are working Crops and Tobbacco, and Cotton, and people are up for vacations etc... There it is seasonal.

Plus the Tea movement is underground more and more, they learned from the last election, they will get their say.

2. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, the Whig party lasted longer and put a man in the White House before they fizzled out.

3. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was inevitable, wasn't it?

Maybe the illusion that those bankrolling the Tea Party and fomenting all the anger were really interested in anything other than their own financial interests finally broke down (it looks like the rank-and-file protesters finally clued in that they were being used). They can only goad the manufactured outrage for so long, especially when none of it stands up to any scrutiny.

I feel sorry for those who were deluded into thinking they were fighting for the welfare of themselves and people like them...

2. Mister Veritis profile image60
    Mister Veritisposted 13 years ago

Sometimes subtlety is worthwhile.
    (Tea Party) Conservatives are gaining positions on school boards, on city counsels, all throughout the state-level governments. This is grass roots and unstoppable.

I bet you won't see it coming.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please explain to me what "veritis" means.

Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's Latin. In Russian, the word is 'Pravda' - which literally means truth, but under communism or teabaggerism, it means propaganda.

I know what "Veritas" means; what does "Veritis" mean?

Mister Veritisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Explained elsewhere. Once is sufficient.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60

School boards?  So the teabaggers can now decide whether tater-tots or mac 'n cheese will be served on Tuesdays?

I don't think they're up to the task.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I lived in SC for just over 12mths ,I really hope they are learning to read there now!!

I think the Governor ran off with a hot Argentinian girl-no sorry he was walking the Appaluchian Trail lol-

Good luck to Nikki

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
            DIYweddingplannerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I DO live in South Carolina and I can assure you that quite a number of people can read AND write there.  And we don't have the market cornered on politicians who can't keep their stuff where it belongs...

And by the way, Appalachian...not Appaluchian.  smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
              Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh good ya havent left us yet DIY,and thankyou for the correct place name spelling.

Mark Sanford and his woe is me pathetic behaviour irritated me so much. Why he was  ever allowed to stay in office is beyond me -old boys club alive and well no doubt. $$$..

And absolutely I agree ,Mark Sanford doesn't take that'cant keep his stuff in his pants' title on his own!

He was also responsible for NOT bringing school teachers wages into line with other states too ,and sadly the kids miss out.
              (Not talking about private schools).

Then the schools in SC wonder why they cannot compete satisfactorily with other schools.

Just my opinion ,and judging by the media (2009-2010) certainly it was the feeling of many other bodies as well.

Sorry my comment was directed at Mr V and I didnt mean to offend South Carolinians wink

You are female, so anything you say can and will be disregarded by Mr. V, so don't waste your breath.  And as a fellow former teacher, I feel your pain and disgust with Mark Sanford.  Elitism and immorality, however, is not limited to South Carolina.  Sanford follows a long line of politicians who have disgraced their state and their families with their bad decisions and behavior.  At least, Arnold waited till he left office! smile

1. Mister Veritis profile image60
                2. Mighty Mom profile image77
                  Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Arnold did not wait till he left office!!!
                  I am not one to get my panties in a twist about extramarital dalliances by those in office (although you never hear about women politicians having affairs -- I wonder why that is?)
                  Anyway, Arnold went way beyond the bounds of the usual power-drunk macho male.
                  He never would have made it into the governor's office without Maria and her 'stand by my man' efforts when he was accused of groping.
                  I cannot imagine anything lower than fathering a child with a member of my household staff.
                  And keeping it secret for more than 10 years.
                  There is no word for that level of betrayal.
                  Luckily we've got Jerry Brown rebuilding the shambles he left our state in. Too bad there's no JB for Maria Shriver.

And as for the OP.
                  The tea was weak and decaf and is now stone cold.

I meant before he confessed.  You misunderstood, sorry I wasn't clear on that.

School Boards are training grounds for higher political office. Think of it as an army of citizens who are taxed enough already preparing themselves for future political battle.
          I knew you wouldn't see it coming.

I didn't see the rapture coming either.  I don't see any of these crackpot predictions coming because they never come.  The astro turf revolution has run it's course; just a few desperate, lonely souls left behind to clean up the mess.

2. lovemychris profile image78
            lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We saw it already...with the anti-abortion crowd. Same pot of stew, re-heated.
            It's called stealth-politics...or I prefer to call it lie-through-your-teeth politics.
            They know if they get up there and say, "We are going to make abortion illegal again", that no one will vote for them. So they just leave it out of the equation.
            A lie is a lie.
            Leaving out an important fact is also a lie.
            Ergo--They lie.

It's funny though...during the last go-round wth this phony crowd, they actually told people what they would do....I knew--many people knew! They SAID it--We will cut to the bone, people will hurt, but rich people will be given yet more..
            And people voted for them anyway......hmmmmmmmmmmmm

It was only after they started implementing the program that people said "Wait a Minute!" This is not what I voted for.
            Uh, yeah--it is.
            This time, it was the people's fault.
            They got what they wanted, and we are all cursed with it now.

lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

They have all of the Repub House and 2 members of the US Supreme Court...I'd say they have enough say!

I say we are a free and independent nation, and they need to be removed.

They DO NOT serve the interests of the American People. That should be enough to run them out of town.

1. Jed Fisher profile image70
        Jed Fisherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

TEA party started as a protest of the Bankster bailout, and has since been hijacked by the Banksters. Count me out.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Tricked

Enough

Already

Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the tax cuts for the top 1% in the Ryan Plan, combined with gutting Medicare, pretty much exposed the character of the man behind the curtain, pulling the levers.

Ex-teabaggers must feel like the pregnant single girl who discovers the father is a married scumbag who was lying all the time.

I wish that was true.  Unfortunately, these people never learn.  They'll be back in a couple of years as the Make Our Rights Obvious Now party

4. hottopics profile image59
      hottopicsposted 13 years ago

Removed, Runout of town. So much for the free, independent America you claim to support. Chris, you cannot tell others that you have the first amendment right to free speech, something you have said several times in different threads, and try to deny it to someone else that has the same right as guarnteed by the first amendment. Whats next, burning books that do not support your point of view?

1. thebrucebeat profile image60
        thebrucebeatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who has run them out of town?
        Did the Koch Bros. pull the funding?
        Did I miss a news cycle?

lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who's telling anyone to stop talking?
        I said get rid of them.

Just as you advocate getting rid of Obama.

5. hottopics profile image59
      hottopicsposted 13 years ago

Bruce,

There was no news cycle I was responding to a thread. If you missed reading it here it is for you:

"I say we are a free and independent nation, and they need to be removed.

They DO NOT serve the interests of the American People. That should be enough to run them out of town".

Noone has been run out of town. Chris only stated they should be run out of town. Either you did not read it or you just wanted to twist the context.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)