Left-leaning MSM?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Are CBS, ABC, and NBC "in the (gas) tank" for Obama? Why else would THIS be happening? When Bush gas prices rose in the month of March 24-April 24, 2008, the aforementioned media outlets reported on the high gas prices 97 times. When gas prices under Obama rose even higher, in the month of Jan. 20-Feb. 20, 2012, these same news organizations mentioned rising gas prices only 21 times. WHY??

http://www.mrc.org/bias-numbers/network … bush-obama

1. breakfastpop profile image65
      breakfastpopposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The networks are so biased that it would almost appear that they are on Obama's payroll. They gave up reporting the "news" a long time ago and we, the people, are paying a very high price for their negligence.

2. montecristo profile image79
      montecristoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is why I watch Fox. They tell you the other side of the story!

3. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

EH yeah some of them are a bit not much though, easily compensated for by the FOX madness but I will say this, people are not as interested in rising fuel costs now, why? Because we have all sort of accepted this with a sort of fatalism that the prices will continue to rise, its just not a story compred to when the process was gaining momentum would you say people a care a quarter as much now? That sounds about right to me.

1. Gatti profile image60
        Gattiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There was actually a study done on fox news.  It found that people were less informed about the subjects discussed on fox after watching fox news than they were before it.

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my god you're comment made my day big_smile I don't know about the study and I shall look it up but the comment was priceless. Thank you.

2. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmm. 
          I bet a study done on the study that was done on Fox News would find that the study needed to be legitimately studied by a legitimate study group, and that study should name its study sources and facts so that actual people could study the facts behind the so-called study.  lol

1. Gatti profile image60

As well as making no sense the point you tried to make isn't even valid. Here is the study. http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

Now here is a second study finding that fox news viewers are more likely to believe in false information. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/1 … 98146.html

1. profile image0

Um.  That was the point---that the study makes no sense, nor is it trustworthy.
              And that first link was a study of New Jersey residents, and a small one at that.  Plus, if you'll read further, you might just notice that it deems MSNBC to be incapable of properly informing people too.
              I'd like to see a study of CNN.  A legitimate study, of course.  So I guess I won't hold my breath for that.  LOL.

As for your second link, I refrain.  I'm not interested in listening to the hot air from Huffington Post.

1. Gatti profile image60

The study makes perfect sense and is just as trust worthy as any other study from a university.  The second study was also done by a university.  You need to get your fact strait before you start blowing off hot air.  And you keep bring up CNN like it proves your point.  Who cares about CNN you have yet to make an actual statement about it.

4. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The powers that be want you to get used to higher gasoline prices. And Obama is talking about using the strategic reserve to tamp down prices. Hopefully that will happen. You can't really believe an oil man like Bush would not have wanted high gasoline.

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

I don't find them liberal at all. Not once do they mention anything good Obama has done. Not once do they tell the truth aboout our predicament. And not once do they ever ask these Republican candidates or their mouth-pieces to explain the complete LIES that come out of their mouths! Not once.

Next time Romney blasts Santorum for no child left behind...I want one of them to say But gvr--you supported it too.

Or but gvr--Obamacare is modeled on what you did in massachusetts--is it really an evil plot that will bankrupt America?

Or Santorum--do you really belive your religion should gvr all of America?

Or Paul--how does the Personhood amendment fit with the Libertarian philosophy?

Or--Any of you....do you really believe that Obama is a muslim terrorist? Do you not believe he is a christian?

Nope....they let these people spout off lies and propaganda witn nary a word.

Liberal my a..

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They are not liberal. They are for and by the banks. Banks are not liberal.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HA!

2. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Arlen Specter says Santorum is not telling the truth.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/ … -telling-t

1. profile image0

lol
        You can trust Defector Specter if you want.  I don't.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
        Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Arlen Specter? Why oh why does anybody listen to Arlen Specter?

3. Gatti profile image60
    Gattiposted 12 years ago

All Mass Media fronts are bought and paid for.  You will never find any unbiased news from them whether they are liberal or conservative.

4. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 12 years ago

I guarantee that if you vote Republican you will have gas prices that are even higher.

1. lovemychris profile image77

And no unions to protect you from abusive business practices, and higher taxes if you're on the lower income spectrum, and less and less of any kind of thing that comes with being a citizen, unless you are wealthy.

Bigger police state, private everything. Oh yeah, and "war" with Iran.

2. Gatti profile image60

Don't forget that the Republicans keep complaining about how people that are living below the poverty level don't pay taxes.  Soon the republicans will be taxing homeless people.

5. lovemychris profile image77

And giving the 0.001% more breaks.

1. lovemychris profile image77

"But it turns out that in the version of the bill approved by a House committee this week, half a million of the state’s poorest residents who earn less than $25,000 will wind up paying an average of $72 more per year, while the 21,000 Kansans who make over $250.000 will get an average tax cut of $1500."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/24/k … 9Q.twitter

This is what they're after!

Reverse Robbing Hoodwinked!

6. lovemychris profile image77
  7. lovemychris profile image77

Uh Oh...

"So basically, Santorum has been caught selling bold faced lies"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)