French guman suspected of killing seven is reported dead

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Jumped from a window still firing his weapons after 32 hour siege

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17473207

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

I don't undrstand why they waited so long all he did was wound two more officers,  They found video in his car of all the killings. They should have taken him out earlier!

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I was just so happy to learn when I got up this morning that he was dead.
    This guy took out 3 small children in what could be termed a drive-by shooting.

How anyone can put a bullet in a child and live with themselves afterwards is beyond me.

Actually, to be truthful, how anyone can put a bullet in another human being is beyond me too.

4. innersmiff profile image65
    innersmiffposted 12 years ago

Watch the French government put in some outrageous legislation in response now. If they propose anything close to a police state, that's when you know something is up.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why outrageous, or a police state?

Personally, I think France have been correct by banning (trying to ban?) the hijab in public places.
      You can't walk into a bank with a scarf around your face, or a motorcycle helmet on, so why allow hijabs?
      This isn't religious intolerance, this is common sense.

Like the English judge who discharged the Muslim juror for wearing an hijab in court.

France is for the French, just like the UK is for the British indigenous population.

There are huge cultural differences between Muslims and Christians/Westerners. We have the freedom of choice. They either don't, or are blinded.

But if they move to a Western nation, they have to live by the traditions set down by that nation, not by their religious traditions.

If that causes strife, they are free to move back to their country of origin.
      When we visit their lands, we dress and act accordingly to respect their beliefs.

They don't seem to offer the same respect in return.

1. innersmiff profile image65
        innersmiffposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I promise you the hijab banning has nothing to do with preventing terrorism. Tyrants like to be able to see people's faces, especially if they want to keep track of everyone. I agree it's not religious intolerance, it's tyranny for everybody!

Some private institutions like banks do not allow hijabs - that's fine and logical. The problem lies in public. If you posit that the government can decide what you can wear in public, it's not unreasonable to suggest that some lunatic politician might come along and pass a law that says everybody must walk around naked because you 'might have a bomb under your clothes'. That's the logical extension of what the ban does. I mean, we have to get naked if we want to get on a plane so why the hell not? The bottom line is that it is not okay to dictate what any person should wear, regardless of the country's 'indigenous population' (which is unadulterated nonsense anyway).

1. IzzyM profile image87

What medication are you on?
          PS - Can I have some?

It's pretty much mainstream info now - governments want to put in face-scanners everywhere. And you've never heard of the naked full-body scanners in airports?

1. IzzyM profile image87

They don't bother me at all - neither does CCTV everywhere. I don't mind Big Brother watching, because I have nothing to hide.

Edit: But I do object strongly to the cartons of tomato frito being confiscated from me at the airport. They were intended as a gift to my mother. Can't carry liquids aboard aircraft, because they might be a bomb in disguise. Now where did that idea come from?

Okay, what happens when Big Brother decides they disagree with you? Then you might have something to hide I wager.

1. IzzyM profile image87

You are on something!! I can tell!

So, I am at the airport. Big Brother has decided I have 20lbs of heroin sacs in my stomach, and arrest me for it.

I protest my innocence; after all, I am 20lbs overweight (I wish that was all!)

I am in hospital. I cannot go to the loo, I must use a commode so they can check what I pass.

I am there 2 weeks, and have not passed any heroin sacs. That is because I never swallowed any.

So now, me and Big Brother are at serious loggerheads.

I hate them and they hate me.

Sorry your question was again?

I might have something bigger to hide? Hide where?

Do you enjoy paying for coffee with cash? You might want to hide that . . .

http://boingboing.net/2012/02/14/fbi-sa … coffe.html

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't usually agree with Innersmith, are views politically are poles apart. However, I have to agree that Teacozy has made some real political capital from this tragic event. He's dominated the French media in the last the couple of days and I, for one, think this is political opportunism on his part. I also think it will sit nicely with his Islamophobic perspectives, a chance to show the far right of France that he is not soft on immigration.

5. profile image0

A little paranoid are we ? What do you have to hide , heres the thing if you are alive !Your  government already knows who you are .... In America the people ARE the government . We know ourselves pretty well. I fear nothing from a government of the people.  I have nothing to hide ......do you! And go ahead bash America , you are still welcome here by the way!

Paranoid? It's documented and frankly plain as day that there is no privacy anymore. If you believe that the US is a government for the people (quite hilarious), I suppose you wouldn't mind revealing every single detail of your sex life would you? How about you let me know your password to your bank account? Why not? Everyone belongs to everyone else!

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to think that if I had nothing to hide, then it didn't matter who held details regarding my personal life. Unfortunately however, I now see that my original thoughts on this matter were based on the fact that I trusted the security services. I suppose the question is this; what if the security services have quite a lot to hide, and you are the type of person that would expose them, given the opportunity. How could your personal details be used against you ?

6. profile image0

Im saying this tech. level of suveilence is so far advanced , so high tech , what are you going to do about it! You don't have privacy if you drive , if you apply for a loan , if you get married or go to a doctor . Been blood tested lately . They ALREADY know who you are , what you buy for dinner and your sperm count. So what can you do about it?

7. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

Why to kill someone who is only suspected?The fear of the truth? French said that he was tracked before (travelled twice to Pakistan allegedIy) then why didn't they arrest him or at least have him under surveillance? How can he jump through a window if prior to this action, he received a bullet in the head? And the best one is French people didn't want the government to develop a department against terrorism before this accident. Now the president is reopening the file. I see a terrible coincidence here!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)