Open the Champagne!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

“The Rush Limbaugh Show” is leaving the dominant conservative talk radio station in Philadelphia, one of the biggest radio markets in the country.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 … ;seid=auto

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can imagine why you would want to crack open the champagne, LMC. But replaced by a Christian talk show, are they not trying to replace a stupid, hypercritical big gob with a Christian hypocritical big gob? Not that all Christians are big gobs, on the contrary. But some are just, umm.......

2. American View profile image59
      American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yea nothing like never giving the whole story eh LMC. He is not being booted off the air.

"It is unclear when the change will take place in Philadelphia. The company that syndicates Mr. Limbaugh’s show, Premiere Radio Networks, declined to comment.

But Premiere has indicated that it will be moving Mr. Limbaugh to a new station in Philadelphia. Radio-Info.com reported on Monday that it might be WKDN, a Christian programming station that is expected to be turned into a news-talk station soon.

To the untrained eye, it would appear to be a step down for “The Rush Limbaugh Show.” WKDN, with a 38,000-watt signal, is a smaller station than WPHT, which has a 50,000-watt signal. But WKDN is an FM station, while WPHT is an AM station, and Premiere has shown interest in moving its talk radio shows over to FM stations lately."

So as you can see, this is part of a planned move to get all their talk shows o FM. Sorry LMC, you will just have to continue to listen to him in Phily

Hello AV, LMC may have given her opinion re this situation, but she also gave a link. It's not like she actually accused this person of anything, just pleased that he was going. Your comment was harsh, judgemental and without any real grounds.

1. American View profile image59

Hollie,

LMC said

"“The Rush Limbaugh Show” is leaving the dominant conservative talk radio station in Philadelphia, one of the biggest radio markets in the country."

Yes she did leave a link and that was most kind of her. But see, her statement was not accurate, in fact he is not leaving at all, he is mearly going to the FM dial.

I have no problem with opinions Hollie, I think they are great, but this is not an opinion, either he is on the air in that market or he is not. Clearly he is. Do you not agree accuracy is much better than  a half misleading fact?

Just for curiosity, please point out the harsh judgmental words I used. I never had the truth called that before.

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good. He was rude anyway and should have never made that statement.

He was rude. But again the point trying to be portrayed by the poster is Rush was being tossed off the air in Philly which is why she wants to pop the cork, When in fact he is just moving to FM in the same market, a decision made by his network over a year ago and it is for ALL talk shows, not just Rush.

2. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He gets away with so much---all of those talk-haters do. Then you mention farting, and those same people who support him have a fit!

2. lovemychris profile image76

Yeah....bigots don't play well on FM...that's more a rock and roll thing.

Say---how many big-mouths does it take to open a champagne bottle anyway???

Limbaugh: "If there is a war on women, it is happening and it is being directed from the White House with Obama as the generalissimo."

ahahaha....Dis-Connect from reality. And he'll be the one leading the new/old Birther movement. Since you know--Obama is doing pretty well right now.

Since you know--Obama is doing pretty well right now

Hence the bitterness of his opponents. Still, couldn't help myself re: the big gob statements. smile

Have you seen the clip on the internet where Limbaugh is jumping around on the stage where he's talking?? OMG....funny every time you see it.

Like my grandson says about me: He's got Jiggly's!

I haven't, LMC. But it does sound entertaining. When you can, could you provide the link, I'd really like to see it. smile

Wish I knew where it came from. Olbermann used to use it. Little box in the corner of the screen with Limaugh bouncing around. But I have no idea where they got it.

3. lovemychris profile image76

Why don't you point out where I said he was being booted off the air?

I posted the headline, and gave the link....kind of the usual way to do things, isn't it?

LMC,

Right here

"“The Rush Limbaugh Show” is LEAVING the dominant conservative talk radio station in Philadelphia, one of the biggest radio markets in the country."

As you can see,, he is not leaving  the radio market at all, just moving to FM radio where i am sure you know there are more listeners. If  you did not mean he was leaving you would not pop a cork if he was just moving and we know that don't we. You have made more hateful comments about Rush than Carter had peanuts, and not that Rush did not earn some of them for he did.

That is the lead paragraph of the article. I did not say anything about it, just posted it. YOU put that interpretation onto me to diss me, like you alway do.

And from my experience, AM is the home of talk radio, FM is the home of music. I see this as a step down for Russsshhhhhhh, due to his demeaning of anything not white and male like himself.

No one deserves a demotion more than that tub-o-lard potty mouth. IMHO

I did not post anything, you did you titled this thread did you not, Please for once someone on the left take responsibilities for your actions. I know it is a novel concept to you, but I promise you will live a better life learning to take responsibility.

Sorry your experience is not quite accurate either. AM was the onlt source for music at one time As radio and stereo sound grew, they had to go to a different BAUD rate and Fm was born. Music stations all changed to Fm because it sounded better.  Now Everyone wants to be on FM, Am will be extinct in about 4 to 5 years, maybe even less. So as you can see, and was even stated in the article you posted but I guess did not read because of the title, this change has been happening and has so or years. Rush's Distribution company insisted all talk shows not just Rush Be on FM.

So no demotion which breaks your heart, and you can twist it all you want to, but even the article you cited in your link does not back you up.

4. lovemychris profile image76

So, you say I said Russshhhhhh is being booted off radio, but the article I post doesn't even say that??

Hmmmm, I site the article....post it for all to read......How is that avoiding responsibilty?

And I have every right to see it as a demotion. It's called thinking for myself. Sorry, I don't see the world like you do.

It's a matter of time befor he's toast, imo. When Focus on the Family went after Stern, it took years. But they got him.

This time, it's a lot more than one Christian group who is sick of Russshhhhhh.

LMC,

That"s the point, you made a claim the the article did not make. Glad you finally get it.
      You can see it as a demotion if you want to but here again is where you spin. The TRUTH is and it is even in the article you cite, this move was going to happen. The network is moving ALL talk radio shows to FM, all means even Rush. Whether the Fluke incident came up or not, it was going to happen, Whether Rush wins the Nobel Peace Prize, the move was going to happen.

LMC you can have all the opinions you want, you can think Rush sucks, he is a windbag, he is radical, whatever, I am sure not many will disagree with you based on opinion. But you cannot take a fact like his station was going to move to FM for corporate reasons and then try to spin it as he was demoted, or he was removed from the largest market, when that is not what the facts are. He is still going to be broadcasting there.

Its a matter of time before he is toast, of course that is true, all shows come to an end sooner or later. Nothing is forever.

Yea they really got Stern, he makes as much money as ever. Real Effective. 

Hey LMC, this has nothing to do with anything but I am curious form a females point of view. Do you remember Daran Kagan fron CNN? She was a very attractive journalist who had mornings and mid morning shows on CNN for many years. Anyway, She and Rush dated for a few years and I do not get it. Well you know what he looks like and what his personality is like, What did she ever see in him? I admit it broke my heart when she was dating him.

You are making a big deal about my opinion, which I'm entitled to have..

I didn't "claim" anything. I didn't scream Yay--he's being fired! Or Yay! He's being demoted! I said open the champagne. Then posted words FROM THE ARTICLE, and THE ARTICLE ITSELF.

And yes--they did get Stern. And it angered me. Because he made my work mornings funny and enjoyable. He made me laugh every day.

And these same people who had to destroy Howard have no problem with Rush, who tells a black woman to take the bone out of her nose and calls a white college student a sl*t.

They mold the world, and force us to live in it. Puritan and joyless, because as the minister said at my cousins wedding: "Let us contemplate our worthlessness".....

No thanks.

And no, I don't remember Daran Kagan. I was probly listening to Howard when she was on. I know his first wife said all he ever did was lay on the couch, smoke pot and watch sports.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

I see no distortion in what has been stated or posted.
    Limbaugh is leaving the AM station. True.
    Philadelphia is one of the dominant radio markets in the US. True.

It is yet to be determined how going to an FM station impacts his listenership. I suppose loyal dittoheads will go wherever the hatred goes.

Agree with LMC. In my media market, AM dial is for talkers.
    FM is for music.
    Except of course NPR is on FM.
    smile

Thank you!

2. American View profile image59

Wonder why NPR is on FM? I do not know your market, I just know AM is being phased out. All the sports talk shows are now on FM, almost every major market broadcasts the local  home sports on FM, ESPN is only on FM,

6. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 12 years ago

Y'all do realize that FM is a much clearer signal. After the change you will be able to hear more of what he says, more clearly, without all the interference. Except for the interference that is always heard from the far left. I don't think that broadcasting on a clearer frequency could be considered a demotion.

AM is the bastion of talk.... FM is Hollywood. We'll see how long he lasts with a younger crowd.

1. profile image0
        Hubert Williamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You might be surprised. Young people are much smarter than they were in 2008. And remember, AM was once the main stream of music.

Hmmm, well, I have kids.....17, 27 and 29......racists and misogynysts just don't appeal to them. Now Howard Stern....him they liked! They can laugh about FartMan with the best of em.

And I do not on any level equate Limbaugh with smart. Any numbskull can insult and deride. But that's just my opinion. Time will tell.

1. profile image0

I didn't say he was smart or that I agree with him. I very rarely listen to him. I just said that he could be heard more clearly on FM than on AM.

"The Rush Limbaugh Show” is leaving the dominant conservative talk radio station in Philadelphia, one of the biggest radio markets in the country.

In its place on the station, WPHT, will go “The Michael Smerconish Show,” hosted by Mr. Smerconish, a native of the city."

Take what you will out of it.....I see this as talk radio finally saying: enough of that clown. He's bringing us all down.

1. profile image0

You could be right, We'll just have to wait for the numbers after the switch.

7. lovemychris profile image76

"In Philadelphia, WPHT is known as The Big Talker. They also broadcast Phillies games and other local college sports. It may not be "news" in your neck of the woods, but in Philadelphia, it's important. This station was one of the first to drop Benn Gleck, too."

How's Beck doing in his new gig?

Writing's on the wall.

He jumped the shark. And he was given HUGE leeway.
    Finally---we stood up for our kids.
    Our daughters...who matter as much as our sons.

1. profile image0

Now you will be able to listen to more ballgames. That's one small step for mankind and one giant step for the Phillies. Happiness can now, finally, be achieved. (Don't boil over now I was only joking).

I hate it when they do that.....I used to work sat nights, and always looked forward to hearing this guy Jay Diamond, or something. But everytime there was a Red Sox game--he would be pre-empted!! argh--happened all the time.
        That's one thing I remember about my grandfather....walking into his house, and he'd be there sitting in his favorite chair, smoking a pipe, listening to the Red Sox. That legendary announcer.....America is so great.

8. lovemychris profile image76

hmmm, maybe not so great....sad

Infographic: And justice for all http://ow.ly/aaaxZ

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)