Obama hate

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (47 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Boy, did I get an earful of Obama hate last night at a private club! And this was from an educated man who's retired from a pretty high government position. He vehemently insisted that Mrs. Obama is the antiChrist and that Obama is her minion. He went on to claim that Obama is a devout Muslim and was put in place to destroy America. I began to think, "Gee, LMC is right!"

BUT...then a woman from another country but is now a US citizen started in on Romney, claiming that he's actually a devil worshipper. I thought the two were going to get into a fistfight!

I took up for both candidates and tried to interject some sanity...not that it did any good. lol

It's scary to me that people actually believe crap like that. And if you met either of these individuals and politics weren't being discussed, you'd think they were perfectly normal, sane, and even nice. Why is it that politics make some people so crazy?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like religion to me..... wink

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think so.

2. profile image0
      Hubert Williamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Politics is a crazy business, administered by crazy people.

3. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wait, Mrs. Obama is the Antichrist now? That's a new one to me. Interesting.

4. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why not title this Obama hate vs Romney hate?

5. mbwalz profile image85
      mbwalzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As you know, I'm not really a Romney fan and a still waiting for Hillery... but for all these people that think either candidate is the anti-Christ, they should go live in some other countries - just to enjoy a democratic republic of a different flavor is like or to see what a true dictatorship feels like. Then let them come back to see how the feel having put our politics into perspective!

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great idea!

2. A Thousand Words profile image68
        A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great idea! Americans are spoiled rotten.

3. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

mbwalz, I have. I've lived and worked on three continents and six countries and traveled extensively. The USA is far from a free country. There is very little freedom here. You won't find Aussies, New Zealanders, Europeans, and anybody from highly industrialized democratic countries come here. The only people who do are the ones who come from either the third world or a non democratic country.

6. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because, people fail to understand their role in the overall make up of society.

7. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the difference this time is that the politicians do it too. They diss Obama...call him a liar to the world, tell people he pals around with terrorists, insinuate that he's not a Christian, say he's not born here, tell people how nice it is to speak to "Real" Americans, calls him "Boy", refuse to meet with him, refuse to be seen with him: even in a thing such as celebrating Gabby Giffords recovery.
      Send out e-mails to other gvt employees portraying Obama and his wife as gorillas, black-face....and worse.
      It's one thing for citizens to do it...but gvt employees, who, by jurisprudence, all are under his authority? It's total disservice to the integrity of America, IMO. The big rotten babies!

It saddens and angers me thinking of the disrespect he has been shown by people WE pay to rep us...I really hate them for it. Sorry to say. And I feel they deserve no respect from us, as they have shown none to this president.

Then they will come around and say: hey dems! stop the bad behavior. Well, Fighting back is allowed. They want to play dirty, but only one way.

That is how one person feels. And no I am not a traitor or an america hater.

1. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LMC,

You're right about one thing, the politicians really do it and it is worse now than it has ever been. But with no offense intended and I know you're going to get mad but here we go. You said the following:

"It saddens and angers me thinking of the disrespect he has been shown by people WE pay to rep us...I really hate them for it. "

"Then they will come around and say: hey dems! stop the bad behavior. Well, Fighting back is allowed."

See here in lies the problem, you take the stance that is one side that is doing it in the other side are such little angels. And what will happen is that you will stir the ire of someone on the right and they will respond, and you get your back up and you respond, and it's on. The fact of the matter is that both sides are equally guilty. You forget or choose to ignore all the hate speech and rhetoric tossed at GW Bush. And he's not the first one, hateful things were said about Clinton, hateful things were said about the first Bush, hateful things said about Reagan, and caught her, and  Ford, and Nixon and so on and so on and so on.

What has happened is somewhere along the way between Bush one and Bush two the Republicans and Democrats escalated to a point where they lost respect. Arguing between the parties has gone on well since the inception of the parties. But there was always respect. Until they go back and begin to respect each other, to have true honest dialogue on behalf of We the People, nothing is going to change.

8. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Were they drunk or at least heading in that direction? Sounds like another case of alcohol being blamed for the stupidity of humans. wink

These are the kind of situations I just sit back and watch, waiting for the show.

1. habee profile image92

Nope, it was early, so both were sober. It's usually hard for me to just sit back and watch - I have to open my big mouth. lol

1. profile image0
          Longhunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I find it's less of a problem if I just watch. That way I don't have to punch someone or vice versa.

2. profile image0
    mts1098posted 11 years ago

Perhaps crazy people are in politics making politics crazy smile I have to admit that I do not follow the political world in great detail but some of the things I hear and read make me wonder if politics is nothing more than the lesser of two evils...cheers

3. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 11 years ago

The reason that political parties stoop to innuendo, antichrist lunacy and conspiracy theories, is because they work. If it brings in votes, they'll use it.

Don't think that your favorite party isn't involved in the mud slinging because they both are. Any change for the better will have to come from the bottom up; don't look for pols to suddenly become moral.

We should demand change, communicate it to the candidates and vote accordingly.

1. profile image0

Very well said. Extracting sanity from lunacy is a very difficult task.

1. Hugh Williamson profile image76
        Hugh Williamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks HW.

1. profile image0

You are welcome HW

2. Cagsil profile image70

Even chaos has a pattern. wink

1. profile image0

I'll take your word on your experience with that. I have never witnessed a pattern in any chaos I have experienced.

3. A Thousand Words profile image68
        A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LoL, what's funny is that you both have the same initials, and names exist within the other's name. 

Hugh (Williams)on
        (Hu)bert Williams

Strange coincidence??

1. profile image0

A coincidence for certain, but strange I can't speak for him, but I suppose that I could be considered a little strange. Even by using this response as an example. MM-hmm

2. Hugh Williamson profile image76
          Hugh Williamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can't tell us apart huh?

He's the good looking one.

4. lovdotsprite profile image61
    lovdotspriteposted 11 years ago

Mitt Romney gives off this feeling I don't trust about him. It has nothing to do about rumors or any of that. It is just a feeling. If I met him on the street I wouldn't trust him. Although, being a past bully is reason enough not to trust him. People can change, but his attitude towards the situation did not help my feelings towards him. Out of all the presidents president Obama is trustworthy to me. He is not perfect, but no one is. Anyways, I am not trying to bash on Mitt Romney. I am only implicating my feelings on the forum.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Good, don't. He isn't for equality or equal rights.

2. Teddletonmr profile image69
      Teddletonmrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama honest, LOL big_smile
      Mr. Obama will say and do anything to get ahead in the game of politics. That aside I am sure he is a good and honest man. Good and honest in his dealings with the countrys citizenry , not so much. 'Just a feeling'.  No hate here!

3. American View profile image60

lovdot

Just for information the family has come out and said that incident about Romney and that kid was not accurate and they blasted the Democrats for trying to make political story out of nothing. But like you there is just something about Mitt Romney that leads you to be distrusting. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to come down to to I vote for somebody who's distrusting or someone was made things much worse than they were when he got here and not to mention there are some trust issues with him as well.A leader, a leader, my kingdom for a leader.

5. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Uhhh...private club. Republicans. Unless it was a democratic country club. That is an oxymoron.

1. habee profile image92

Actually, the club has a pretty good number of Democrats, along with some ex-Democrats. lol

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Habee, I can just picture you trying to make peace between two irrational windbags. Just like here on HP smile!

Re: The retired dude. Probably sits on the internet all day reading and forwarding all those conspiracy theory emails (e.g., probably considers himself one of the "gray haired brigade").

The woman from another country. Might have had an interesting case, having a different country's government to bring to the discussion. But devil worshipper? Really? roll

Then again, if you put the two arguments together, you have Mitt Romney worshipping Michelle Obama. That's pretty hilarious!

1. habee profile image92

OMG, MM - you made me spew my soft drink!

Yeah, the FLOTUS the antiChrist? That was a new one for me.

1. Paul Wingert profile image62
        Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama moving up from POTUS to antichrist? He's moving up in the world! LOL

7. Paul Wingert profile image62
    Paul Wingertposted 11 years ago

When are we going to put this "Obama is a Muslim" thing to rest? Something that started out as an email rumor back in late 2007 has gotten way out of hand. Obama is not a Muslim, as if that was a bad thing, simply because he said so. Did we all forget when he was runninng for President? He kicked his pastor, Pastor Jeremiah Wright of the Trinity United Church of Christ, to the curb for getting out of hand that gained media attention.

8. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Sounds like your private club could benefit by being a bit more.... private.

1. habee profile image92

Hey, I didn't mention any names! Or did you mean that we could afford to lose a couple of members?

1. Len Cannon profile image87
        Len Cannonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha, yeah, I just meant it sounds like it could be MORE selective.

9. profile image0
    FPackposted 11 years ago

Hahahaha, watch out! Michelle Obama will indoctrinate you by suggesting we help children and teens in the U.S. eat healthier meals during the day.

And gasp! I hear she actually supports our men and women in uniform. What kind of left-wing satanic demon would even front like she supports our military? Shame!

GET YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS OFF MY MEDICARE! AND MY SOCIAL SECURITY! AND MY EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT!

10. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago

"the other side are such little angels."--That is a characterization you put on my words...just like people say I worship Obama, he's my savior, my messiah....as IF I can't appreciate a president without bowing down at his feet.

And I'm no spring chicken. I have been around. And I do pay attention. And this crop of GOP are different than anything I've ever seen. They are deliberately working to ruin this presidency....period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPqOnSfwVhQ

btw----when Boehner travels, isn't it on the tax payers dime? When the House works 47 days in 4 months....aren't we footing the bill? Is it somehow demonic that Obama is paid by tax-dollars?

You can tell me that both sides do it the same...I say Bulloney. Dems are going to HAVE to....just to play defense.
    But the GOBaglicans are in a league of their own.

11. lovemychris profile image76

ahahaha....I just jumped to another thread av....and look what I found:

lovemychris wrote:

"How about both sides stop with the BS"

When will Romney?
    You said:

"As soon as Obama does since they are the ones doing it"

you point the finger at me....there's 3 pointing back at you wink

1. American View profile image60

LMC,

So far I have watched three of the Sunday news shows. Each has had several stories when they brought in one from the right and one from the left. In each one the person representing the left went on the attack to his counterpart. Three of the stories the person from the last spoke first and attacked. At least if the guy on the right spoke first and attacked him I wouldn't have a problem with him responding back, but it was a day that was on the attack. In fact on one show it was so gross the moderator made a comment about the vitriol existing in Congress. as soon as that clip is available I will post a link to it here. I just for point of clarity, none of the shows were on Fox.

You can point all the things you want at anybody want, but living in denial that the left is slinging as much mud if not more than the right is disingenuous. I have said many times both sides are just as guilty as for doing it. You keep taking the position that the Dems are defenseless and responding. How was president Obama responding when he called the DC cop racist? How was Joe Biden responding when at a meeting he called the tea party terrorists? these are only two of many incidents I could list for you the Democrats said something not as a response but as a statement.

12. lovdotsprite profile image61
    lovdotspriteposted 11 years ago

There is nothing threatening being called a racist. If someone is not their own virtues will speak for themselves. If they are their corrupt way of expression will shine through. It is no secret that cops on the force deal with race on a constant basis. It does not mean that cops are racist, but it does mean that when someone of a certain gender, race, or sexuality hurts you it is easy to stereotype them all. Stephen Colbert reported that NYC stopped and searched more African Americans than there are in the city. Never live in denial that corruption is everywhere and work together with the government to stamp out all means for corruption to exist and possibly spread.

13. lovemychris profile image76

I am not disengenous..that is my belief! Please stop telling me if I don't see things your way I'm lying.

You can say it's equal hate--I say bullpucky. You can say the Dems are blocking progress as much as the R's, I say no way!

And 2 people wrote a book about it you know...after years of study and watching the political process. It's called "It's the Republicans Fault".

And I'm with them.

And until you admit it.....we will be spinning wheels.

Romney took the first swing....many of them. Lies actually. So--what's Obama supposed to do? Take it? Have Romney call him a wimp?
    Fehhhhh.

See the truth for what it is, or circumstances will show you.

We see what the results of 2010 are......Horrible! No more. You all had your 8 years already....step down and share. Your policies ruined it----so please with telling us all how bad Obama is.....give me a break.

1. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Somtimes it takes a cartoon to do what others can't:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/1 … -Tea-Party

2. American View profile image60

LMC,

Do you not know the difference between lying and disingenuous? I have yet to accuse you of lying. In fact I don't think you lie about anything, you're just being disingenuous.

You say the hate is not on both sides, and you would say that being a Democrat, just as when I speak to Republican he says all the hate comes from Democrats. Being independent and not having any skins on the other wall I see it for what it really is, and both sides are doing it and are equally guilty. You say the Republicans had an agenda that Obama was a one and done president. How soon you forget that in GW Bush took office the Democrats in the House and Senate said we will make sure George Bush is a one and done President.this is just one example of many.

You could argue that Romney took the first swing, but he didn't not on a personal level. On the personal level Obama wins that one hands down. Did Romney take the first swing at Obama's policies, of course he did they have been campaigning for several years now, not unlike Obama who was collecting a salary as a Senator yet was out campaigning instead of being in Washington doing his job. Romney was out campaigning on his own dime using his own money before campaign contributions start to come in. How much do you think Obama has spent of his own personal money to become President? No need to look the answer is none.

You can say all you want, you had your eight years, your policies ruined it, reality is of course different. It was the policies of the Democrats that created the housing bubble, thank you Barney Frank for lying to Congress all those years of just how solid and solvent Fannie Mae and Ginnie Mae were. Curious, wonder why he was never prosecuted for lying to Congress. You can say all you want the Bush tax cuts didn't work but the numbers show they did. It's just that Congress spent it all and then some, and for that I blame George Bush. He should've vetoed many of those spending bills, he never should've allowed the budgets to get as large as they did. I'm not talking about the funding of the wars that's a separate issue, I'm just talking about the running of the government and the day-to-day budget, the wasteful programs are created by Congress wanting to feed their constituents.

Let me ask you this, if the tax breaks for so bad why is it that the record revenues that our country has ever seen were under George Bush. They went in the toilet after Obama took over have not recovered. Yet despite the fact revenues have not gotten better Obama and Congress see spending record numbers and nobody is doing anything about it. The CBO is projecting revenues to be $2.3 trillion, and even though Obama's budget we shot down he was trying to put in a $3.9 trillion budget, which would've created a $1.6 trillion deficit. CBO says the Obama budget actually would cost America $4.2 trillion. $3.9 trillion is the largest budget ever proposed by any President, does that make sense to you to propose the largest budget in history outspending last year outspending the year before outspending the year before that. And to think he's looking to spend more money than ever and I wonder how you're going to explain it. You can't blame spending it all on the Iraq war, were no longer in Iraq. You can't blame it on Afghanistan, we spend less than half today in Afghanistan then when we first started. You can't blame the defense budget because Obama is cutting the hell out of it. So where is all that money going, where's the money being saved on defense going, the money were no longer spending on Iraq and Afghanistan, where's it going? I mean if were not spending money on a rack and if the defense budget has been cut so drastically shouldn't the budget the less that was last year?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)