Susan Sears profile image 91

What is Love?

I am sitting with my son who is struggling with a relationship and possibly going through a divorce, and he asks me a simple question…what is love? I mean we hear the songs playing “All you need is Love” or “Love me simply, Love me true,” along with millions of other love songs. It seems to be something we are all seeking; all desiring, something we hope to find. What is it though? Is it a feeling, is it an act? How can we know that we have most certainly found it if we do not know what it is?

Alan Grace profile image76

Alan Grace says

• Susan Sears profile image

Susan Sears 4 months ago

Is there no faults noticed and no conflicts or in true love do we just learn to resolve these and continue on?

ChitrangadaSharan profile image56

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) says

• Susan Sears profile image

Susan Sears 4 months ago

Chitrangada,

If that is the definition? What if that has been violated - one did not accept the others positives as well as the negatives. What if one always gives and the other does not...or mistakes were made. What is love then?

• Susan Sears profile image

Susan Sears 4 months ago

Interesting response. It provokes a lot of thought. I often wonder if that is two people that lose site of love and get caught up in-who knows what-but then realize-kinda of you don't know what you have until it is gone idea...maybe that can rekindle