jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What is love?

1. Rafiq23 profile image87
    Rafiq23posted 3 years ago

The idea of love is very complex. Let's play the devils advocate to know about the real nature of love. Get hurry and post your opinion!!!!!!

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years agoin reply to this

No matter how much I get hurry, I can't figure out why I need to play devil's advocate to describe a trait. Can you clarify what kind of answers you're looking for here?

2. Rafiq23 profile image87

Thanks for your sugar coated answer. I think your knowledge about English language is very weak!! To Play Devil's Advocate means to put forward arguments against or objections to a proposition-which one may actually agree with-purely to test the validity of the proposition ad defined by the Freedictionary.com. I want different opinions of various people. Now, you might got the point! Have a nice time.

1. profile image0

lol. You're fun.

3. Rafiq23 profile image87

Thanks!!!

1. profile image0

So you are assuming that there will be differing points made on the definition of love.
      It's a pretty universal theme. Until a dispute takes place, could you offer a scenario that suggests what kind of post might be made in order for one to play devil's advocate?

Edit: I thought of an example, but we need Tina Turner stat.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you get hurry, Rafiq 23! Show us an example of how to answer your question as far as revealing an argument against (or a proposition-which one may actually agree with)-"purely to test the validity of the proposition ad defined by the Freedictionary.com."
        Then maybe we will got the point of your inquiry.
        BTW Beth's knowledge of the English language is actually very strong.
        (PS defending some one who has been unfairly criticized is a good example of love, but I have a feeling you are not looking for good examples.)

4. Rafiq23 profile image87

Kathryn L Hill thanks for your reply!!! I think you people are not getting my words. I want to know whether Love is platonic love or physical love. Just explain this question and let me know what do you think. Love may be spiritual or physical. What do you think? I apologize if I have offended someone's feelings.

1. profile image0

You haven't offended anyone. You ask a fair question. I just wanted to get to the root of your meaning as I wasn't able to suss it out. You are fun though.  smile

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Is love platonic or physical? That I can answer.
        Love is platonic. (platonic adjective nonsexual, nonphysical, chaste; intellectual, friendly. ANTONYMS sexual.)

Love is beyond the physical. However,  physical love brings forth spiritual love because the sex center and the emotion center are situated in close proximity within the brain.

In other words, true love is spiritual...in the platonic sense.
        TWISI

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago

Baby don't hurt me
      no more.

working