jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think it is right to keep your ex-girlfriends/boyfriend stuff that belong

1. fergie9 profile image60
    fergie9posted 8 years ago

Do you think it is right to keep your ex-girlfriends/boyfriend stuff that belonged to them,

I am not talking about things that were given as a gift or because they didn't need it, or want it. I am talking about things they had before they met.

2. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

I think its best you give it back to them.  It will only bring back memories. (Out of sight, out of mind).

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

It's not right, but if you never hear from them again it's pretty difficult to return their stuff to them.

When people break up they should try to remain reasonable enough to set up a plan for getting everyone's belongings back to him.

4. profile image0
    Greta Lieskeposted 8 years ago

I think you should ask them if they want their stuff back. If something was a gift, maybe they won't want it. Then you have to choose what to do with it. I'm against destroying things, because it doesn't really solve feeling. But keeping things around is hard too. I would make an "ex" box and tuck it away until you are emotionally ready to deal with it.

5. kmartel profile image41
    kmartelposted 8 years ago

When a relationship ends, I feel the best thing to do is to make a good spring-cleaning (as my girlfriends would say!).  I know that sucks, and I’ve been there too, but it’s a fact!
    Out with the old and in with the new! Why keep... read more

6. stendek profile image54
    stendekposted 8 years ago

No. People go into realtionships with civility. They should exit them the same way. Never happens! Peace.

Closed to reply