jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in committment?

1. The Real Truth profile image55
    The Real Truthposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in committment?

2. C.Ferreira profile image68
    C.Ferreiraposted 8 years ago

I absolutely believe in commitment. Without it, nobody would take anything seriously!

I understand that being committed to something sets you up for disappointment or failure, however we should not let such a fear dictate our lives.

Because, when committing to something or someone, and it works, it is definitely the greatest sense of achievement. It makes you happy, and a sense of belonging.

3. The Real Truth profile image55
    The Real Truthposted 8 years ago

I am behind that answer 100%. Great Answer, and I bet you have a happy relationship with your point of view.

4. Kebennett1 profile image59
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

Absolutely! For 23 years I have been committed to my husband, our children, our families. I am committed to God. I am committed to being a good person, good friend, good example, etc...
    In this life if you do not have commitments, you are like a wave just crashing on the rocks. I love being the committed person that I am. I am happy, well adjusted, in a stable, mutually respectful marriage. I couldn't imagine being single and wondering from man to man in search of something different. That is no life! It is a great prescription for Sexually Transmitted Diseases and sometimes unwanted pregnancy. There is emotional fulfillment, and satisfaction in accomplishing different stages of marriage together such as, buying a home, having children, your 5th, 10th, 20th etc Anniversaries, Your children's Graduations, Your children leaving the nest getting married and having children, and your Retirement. Without commitment you don't have this. You are just a feather floating in the wind!

5. writergirl86 profile image60
    writergirl86posted 8 years ago

Absolutely! I believe one man for one woman and vice versa. I am 100% committed to the first man I fell in love with. He's my life, My love, Father of my children, and My future husband.

working