jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

WHAT US THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN A MARRIAGE?

1. worrdz32 profile image54
    worrdz32posted 8 years ago

WHAT US THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN A MARRIAGE?

2. HappyHer profile image52
    HappyHerposted 8 years ago

Respect is absolutely the most important thing in marriage.  Kindness, caring, intimacy are all close seconds, but without true and deep respect, those other things aren't going to mean very much.

3. Lisa HW profile image77
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Mutual respect.  I've read that genuine and whole love cannot exist without it (and mutual admiration, as well).  It's the thing that keeps people from taking the other for granted.  It's the thing that keeps the disagreements civil.  It keeps people from mistreating the other person.  It's just very important for a number of reasons.

4. profile image45
    BroKen he@rtposted 8 years ago

Putting your spouse first, and honesty, with out that it can all fall apart. Being totally open and show your love, people have to remember the word love is an action word,love is not just a feeling. Love without action is not love.Accountability is also very important, when people get married, they make themselves accountable to eachother.People are different and have different needs within a relationship, but these are the basics of keeping a marriage good. The biggest thing is that it takes two, one person cannot keep the marriage healthy.

5. lkeipp profile image58
    lkeippposted 8 years ago

Trust.

Without trust, there is no respect, there is a hitch to everything else - you are wary of being intimate, you try to protect yourself, so love takes a back seat to everything.

If you cannot trust the person with whom you have shared the most intimate parts of your life, you don't have a marriage, just a cohabitation.

6. atlovesbm profile image76
    atlovesbmposted 8 years ago

COMMUNICATION! In my marriage, I believe that is one of the most important next to respect.

You have to keep the flame alive. I think without communication, marriages tend to fail. besides, women like to talk and they like to have someone they can talk with.. whether its about their day, feeling, gossip, whatever it is. Without communication, you grow apart as a couple.

7. omarte profile image60
    omarteposted 8 years ago

i will say trust and love , because every relatshionship based on a true love will stay forever

8. bayareagreatthing profile image69
    bayareagreatthingposted 8 years ago

I think it is love...but love of this kind needs to be understood better.  I have given my thoughts about this kind of love and would like to share it with you
    http://hubpages.com/hub/love-the-most-i … n-marriage

9. kimbanu profile image59
    kimbanuposted 8 years ago

I agree with the first answer and more.

Respect and consideratoin are two most important attributes in a successful marriage.

Also "do unto others as we would have others do unto us". If you want love, give it first. If you want friendship, give it first.

Give and you shall receive.

working