jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

he got engaged. how do i get him back?

1. profile image45
    beckycherryposted 8 years ago

he got engaged. how do i get him back?

he asked me out but i wasnt ready coz we were in  different countries. now we are together and i learnt that he got engaged and he says he still want to be with me

2. tjthudium1996 profile image52
    tjthudium1996posted 8 years ago

be friends with the engaged women or her friends

3. profile image0
    busygirlposted 8 years ago

he is probably lying to you. if he's engaged, it most likely means he asked her to marry him. that means he wants her more.

4. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 8 years ago

Be with him when he lets the engaged person know he wants to be with you instead. And, to let the other lady know good luck in her future..

5. Bev Welch profile image55
    Bev Welchposted 8 years ago

Let Him Go!

The fact that he asked someone else to marry him means you are not the one for him.  If you were, he would have moved heaven and earth to be with you. He's being engaged to someone else and still wanting to be with you is a big red flag.

Don't you see it waving in your face? He has no concept of what real love is and he is spineless.  Let Him Go!

I promise you, when you do, you will find the person who is meant for you. A wise man by the name of Bishop Jakes wrote a poem on this very subject. I don't remember the entire thing but I do remember this line.  "When someone walks away from you, baby, let them go!" Don't try to hold on to anyone of anything that is not meant for you. If you succeed in reclaiming it, it will never be the same.

6. S Williams profile image60
    S Williamsposted 8 years ago

I would use the no contact strategy to break away from this relationship, and prepare yourself for a new one either with him, or someone else.

If you try to remain friends in hopes that he will pick you over her, he won't.

Why should he make a choice if he can have his cake and eat it too?

Force him to make a decision.

7. pendell2 profile image63
    pendell2posted 8 years ago

Graciously congratulate him on his engagement.  This polite treatment of him will show you in a favorable light, should he change his mind.

It goes without saying that you do not want to be dating him unless and until he becomes officially unengaged.

8. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 7 years ago

Sounds like he has moved on.  Maybe you should do the same.  I would not waste my time chasing after him.

working