jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Thoughts on younger girls dating guys at least 10 years their senior??

1. kpinker2 profile image51
    kpinker2posted 8 years ago

Thoughts on younger girls dating guys at least 10 years their senior??

2. Dark knight rides profile image73
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

Good for them, both of them. Why does age, other than the legal limits, have to be a barrier to two people enjoying a loving, or at least physical relationship? I'm 37. Does the idea of me dating a 27 year old seem wrong?

3. Filipino girls profile image55
    Filipino girlsposted 8 years ago

I agree wholeheartedly with Dark knight rides

4. profile image49
    Whiteiris42posted 8 years ago

The problem arises when there is a large difference in the amount of power one has in the relationship or extreme differences in the goals of the participants. The question asks of younger girls dating men ten years their senior, so the example of a 27 year old dating a 37 year old does not quite fit. In the example of a 17 year old dating a 27 year old, one would hope that the 27 year old had more life experience, a better understanding of themselves, and more advanced plans for their life, whereas the 17 year old is emotionally less mature, and simply does not have the amount of experience available to base decisions on and this often ends in a sense of false autonomy.

5. Theblackorean2010 profile image55
    Theblackorean2010posted 8 years ago

My parents are 9 years apart and I have always been attracted to men at least 10 - 15 years older.  I think there is only really a problem when the girl/boy is a minor because that is when the law comes into effect.  I am not of fan of people who date someone old enough to be their grandparents but they are both grown so to each his own.

working