jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Pregnant after a one night stand? Should you try to track down the father?

1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Pregnant after a one night stand? Should you try to track down the father?

When he didn't leave you his phone number and you've decided to keep the baby.

2. Mocha Momma profile image55
    Mocha Mommaposted 8 years ago

Wow, that's a bit of a problem.  I would find him and notify him and offer that a DNA test be administered.

3. Parentinghelp profile image35
    Parentinghelpposted 8 years ago

I think it’s good to inform, but it’s entirely up to you whether you want him to take responsibilities or not. But don’t be together for the seek of the baby..

4. donotfear profile image88
    donotfearposted 8 years ago

Oh goodness.  What's a girl to do?  Yeah, contact the sperm donor.  Then decide if it's really in your future.  If the pregnant woman cannot raise the child, there are plenty of good people who will.  I would encourage her NOT to abort.  She will regret it forever.

5. She-rah profile image77
    She-rahposted 7 years ago

I got pregnant after dating a guy for 2 months (I've never been able to take birth control due to my autoimmunity). I notified the father, who was very descent about things and offered to pay for an abortion. I don't believe in abortion, took full responsibility for my actions, had 1 child already, and told him that I would raise the baby on my own. I wanted no child support or any help because that gives the unreliable father rights and could have ended up in a custody battle. After meeting and marrying the man of my dreams when I was 6 months pregnant, he went into delivery with me, has raised my son as his "DAD", and adopted him. I didn't even put a father's name on the birth certificate and later his "dad"/my husband was added to the birth certificate as his biological father. All we had to do was fill out a "Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity" and he has complete rights as his real father/dad. No adoption proceedings what so ever. My choice in the matter has worked out wonderful for me, my child, and my husband. Who needs a sperm donor, jerk biological father, or an ass in court over a child. It only hurts you and the baby. All either of you need is someone who loves you both and willing to be a "DAD". I do realize of course, that I was very fortunate but thought you might benefit from my history with this kind of situation.

working