jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Once a cheater always a cheater?

1. eveklof profile image85
    eveklofposted 8 years ago

Once a cheater always a cheater?

2. C. M. Hoisington profile image75
    C. M. Hoisingtonposted 8 years ago

I don't think there's a blanket answer.  Every relationship is unique and must be played out by the people involved.  Its very destructive to any relationship to apply labels to each other.  I myself have a very difficult time maintaining civility when my trust has been destroyed.  Its not about the cheating so much as the pain.  When you give someone your heart, and they toss it away, for something as empty as sex.  That's a hurt that is hard to forgive.

3. andromida profile image61
    andromidaposted 8 years ago

I don't think so. Everyone make mistake and we need to give a second chance to everyone to rectify his or her mistakes.Most importantly we need to know why people cheat.

4. aguasilver profile image80
    aguasilverposted 8 years ago

Not necessarily, I was a serial cheater for the first seven years of my first long term relationship, we stayed together 14 years and I was faithful for the last seven, then she left me for a friend... go figure!

My next long term relationship lasted seven years and I was a cheater again, but not once I had gotten over the first dumping.

We had a son and she went off sex 100%... she recommended a mistress (common in Spain) and I found one who I was with for another seven years. Oddly I was not a cheater with the mistress, but then she was a hot mistress and I had no need!

I broke it off with the mistress when I met my now wife, and we have been married 12 years and we are 100% faithful and monogamous, but then we are both Christians (now) so we would /should be!

If a man loves a woman, and shows it, if a woman respects her man, and shows it, the chances are neither will stray.

5. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

That is not the problem.  Cheating is a form of dishonesty and a reflection of character.   A person can stop cheating and still be dishonest.  Cheating is a sign of much bigger problems.

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

depends....maybe there are those who will be an exception to the rule...I second gnelson

7. ktps profile image55
    ktpsposted 8 years ago

i think everyone makes mistakes. i cheated once and never did it again

working