Once a cheater...always a cheater...

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)
  1. danielthorne profile image41
    danielthorneposted 14 years ago

THis has been my experience...these types will always jusify or have a need or desire to fuck around on the side...for just about anyreason...they get mad cause they can't always have what they want in a relationship so...that is a good enough reason...

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think cheaters need to work on themselves instead of sniffing around for someone to make them feel all better about themselves...

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think some cheaters cheat because they want more than they are willing to give. For example they want a constant stable relationship but they also want the adventures of the single life. Knowing that the kind of person that their 'constant' mate is would find that(them sleeping around) unacceptable and themselves not being willing to 'share' equally with their mate (in the case of an open relationship), they choose to cheat, out of selfishness...

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This simply provides proof to my message that people really don't understand life. Cheaters are lost people who cannot control their own sexual urges. Even, shows that their ability to love others is skewed, because of their lack of knowledge about their life.

It's sad, but provides proof. smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said! I wholeheartedly agree, and would only add that due to their lack of knowledge and skewed feelings, they are unable to experience the kind of feelings that make being monogamous worthwhile.

3. Diskobolos profile image58
      Diskobolosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pretty much yeah, although I know a few guys that cheated once when they were young and never again.

4. Pamela N Red profile image81
      Pamela N Redposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People cheat for different reasons. First of all I have never cheated on my husband but I've talked to many men that have cheated on their wives and most of them weren't getting their physical and emotional needs met at home.

Men have to have sex and if their wives play games and use sex to get what they want or habitually say no they are asking for trouble. I'm not saying this is a good reason for a man to step out but you need to realize you aren't helping him make a monogamous decision when you do this.

If he doesn't get it at home he will get it somewhere.

Or he will(as in my case) stay faithful to his word,'forsaking all others' until his misery gets to a point of no return, in which he will file for divorce.

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I think 'bored' would be a proper word

3. wesleyacarter profile image57
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

I think that there is certain criteria commonly overlooked to justify what cheating is. At one point, I was polygamous and each of my partners knew about my habits. That doesn't necessarily suggest that my sexual urges were or are out of control. It also doesn't suggest that I didn't share a real connection with one or more of those people. Some of them, we were just in it to have fun. Others, we were great friends and would have been so if we were having sex or not (and in many cases still are good friends). And there were a few that I had relationships with that allowed me to enjoy having sex with other people, as she liked to join me many times.

So I don't know if you can definitely pin down a "need" to go fuck around, unless it is on someone who is completely irresponsible and inconsiderate to their lover(s).

If I lied about it, I would have been cheating.

I don't think that it's a lack of knowledge or skewed anything. I think that if someone is a cheater, then there is some kind of insecurity there in the relationship because there is lying going on. But everyone has their vice, and it wouldn't be right to judge someone for making a mistake.

I wouldn't call an alcoholic ignorant or incapable. I wouldn't call someone who cheats that either. No room to judge.

4. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

Ive been tempted to cheat when I wasnt satisfied with the gf I had, but I never did because i wouldnt want it happen to me. If I was recieving the right kind of affection and I really liked the girl, the thought wouldnt cross my mind

5. shelly73 profile image56
    shelly73posted 14 years ago

You know what i really hate? Is that when they cheat on him/her, they say they do it out of love.
    Ya know give me a friggen break. Or they will tell you that i had to do it to prov to my self that i really love you, and that your the one i want to be with for the rest of my life.

I think that that is a load of crap if you ask me.
    If they want to be with you then they should want to be with just you. Not to be with you and fool around on you just to see if the love is real.

Very sick if you ask me.

6. DeltaSec profile image61
    DeltaSecposted 14 years ago

When you meet a person for the first time, try to get as much information on them in order to profile them. For example I try to find out info such as what was the longest relationship, how long was she single after breaking up with somebody.

Another, thing to find out is about her relationship with her parents, and what things has she committed herself to, what places she goes out to.

Little information such as this will give you a picture of a person and their behaviour.

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

selfishness is right. they want to have their Kate and Edith too wink

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

8. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

oOo, the ginormous smiley! big_smile love that.

well gotta go...

9. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Really is a cool smiley.

10. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Thanks

11. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Si. Its very sad but true. once a cheater always a cheater!

1. danielthorne profile image41
      danielthorneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right...

12. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

People usually cheat when their emotional needs aren't met with their partner. So it could happen to anyone.

13. affairdetector profile image59
    affairdetectorposted 14 years ago

Is there any exemption to the rule???

14. wifelv profile image60
    wifelvposted 13 years ago

People cheat because they don't anticipate the consequences at the time. The need for attention and to feel good about oneself drives them toward another person. I have had men come on to me many times who are married and it is amazing how they justify their actions. They always blame the wife. When I dig deeper into what the man is really dealing with, it is low self image and the need to feel alive or prove that they are desirable. They never consider the end result and often think that life will be better if they just had the right person. Once they have to live with the cheater in a real life situation, it most always ends or he cheats on her.  He has lost everything and when all is said and done he even tried to go back to his ex. His kids hate him and forever he has to live with the reality of what he has done.  For a piece of ass and some excitement.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)