jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I like him, but physically he's not my type. Can someone's looks grow on you?

1. stricktlydating profile image79
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I like him, but physically he's not my type. Can someone's looks grow on you?

2. mglamorgan profile image70
    mglamorganposted 8 years ago

I tell you something, the looks of a person change with time...the personality stays. If you like a person and you feel good with him/her why should the temporary looks take any part on the decision? Wrong is if you choose someone because of the looks, than when the time comes and the person starts growing old what is there for you to live with?

Hope this helps. wink

3. Singlesstreetlife profile image70
    Singlesstreetlifeposted 8 years ago

When a man makes you feel special, treats you like a queen and encourages you to achieve your goals it will not take you long for you to forget about his looks and focus on the positive things he brings to your life.

Too often we can focus on this ideal man who is tall handsome and with great charm.  In reality this man is a figment of imagination for most women.

When the focus is on the looks we can overlook the great personality traits and values the man can hold.

4. Rayalternately profile image59
    Rayalternatelyposted 8 years ago

How we perceive beauty changes the more we know about each other because, despite how often the media guides us toward superficial choices, we're simply more complicated than that.

For this reason we become attracted to people we've known for ages and, "never realised how attractive they were". Conversely, that really hot date who bored you to death was, "nowhere near as attractive as their photo".

working