jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you pick who you date by looks?

1. sholland10 profile image92
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Do you pick who you date by looks?

2. DonDWest profile image59
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

Yes and no, ideally I would pick a date I'm physically attracted to, but I seem to be all over the map as to what I consider physically attractive. There isn't any specific "look" per say that I'm after.

3. nancyme profile image58
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

not usually but yeah, i do sometimes. But then again looks really don't matter as long there's a vibe and connection.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

yes i do at least at the start. she doesn't have to be beautiful but she has to have the kind of looks i like. after that, looks go on the back burner and her personality becomes the issue. good looks and bad personality means were not going to last.

5. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

A combination of looks and personality.  I won't chose a date on looks alone, as they are really only skin deep.

6. shanaya profile image77
    shanayaposted 6 years ago

Ofcourse not. In my case look doesn't matter as long as my LOVE concerned.

7. sholland10 profile image92
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

I think most people are visually attracted at first and there are so many different factors that we cannot call someone "shallow" for appreciating their own ideal of beauty.  Most people figure out who the person is after time spent together, and that is when you figure out compatibility.  Some really good answers/discussions.

8. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

No man sets out to date the most unattractive woman he can find.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's only natural to want to date or marry someone whom you are physcially attracted to.
    Looks opens the door but personality, sense of humor, and shared desires will determine whether a lasting relationship comes out of meeting someone.

working