jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Would you go for personality or looks in a love relationship? Why?

1. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Would you go for personality or looks in a love relationship? Why?

2. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

A fun cheeky friendly personality wins every time . Great if they have both like my husband but looks can fade - personality stays !
    Often as well a good looking person can be vain & be too fussy etc .

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'll try to be funny, cheeky and friendly most of the time if this is so.

3. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

neither.  many years ago, a friend commented that relationships only work if both people share the same values, and I agree with her that it's the most important point.  personality, looks, etc., are not nearly as important as knowing the diff between right & wrong, basic integrity, morality, etc.

4. vnsatakopan profile image70
    vnsatakopanposted 5 years ago

The majority of women go for personality as they look for security and lasting relationships while the reverse is true for men. Men go for the looks and of course suffer later on.

Talk of anything in a skirt;)

5. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Actually, when I'm looking for a lady to spend time with.... THESE are the attributes that I look for (in this order):

1.  Large bank account balance,
    2.  Hot looks,
    3.  Energetic and easy-going personality, along with:
    4.  Not too strong on the morals....

That sounds like a choice that is ready for fun and not for keeps. I think morals might come in handy lest you get what you never expected:)

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Personality. Looks fade, but the individuals personality will always remain.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

A nice combination of both would be nice but frankly personality wins out if I have to choose.  Having a handsome man would be little fun if he has nasty disposition or no sense of humor.

8. Lot Rillera profile image59
    Lot Rilleraposted 5 years ago

for me  it doesn't matter how He looks, what matters most is I love him and He loves me too!

9. landscapeartist profile image78
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

I go for the personality.  Looks can be decieving and although I really hate to admit it, so can personality.  Someone can be so nice and caring when they are around their friends or acquaintances, and then cruel and shallow when they are with their spouse/significant other. 
    My first husband used to smack me around but no one knew he did that because he was such a good actor when they were around.
    I still say personality, but always look in their eyes because the eyes are the window to the soul.  It gives away what they try to hide.

Men can be that deceptive?

working