jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My boyfriend asked for my ring size and then wouldnt tell me why?

1. profile image45
    antoniab_xposted 8 years ago

My boyfriend asked for my ring size and then wouldnt tell me why?

I kept on asking him why, and he wouldnt answer. After a while he gave in a little and said he would reveal all at midnight on New Years Eve. I'm worried because if he's proposing, we haven't been together years and years. But on the other hand we really are incredible together our friends tell us we are like a married couple haha!. I think, if he did, its not as if we would get married straight away, people stay engaged for years right?

2. RachelLynn profile image58
    RachelLynnposted 8 years ago

Honey, it could be a promise ring, too, which is a promise that he'll stay faithful to you and intends to put an engagement ring on your finger.  If it's an engagement ring, however, if he's the man you want to be with forever, say yes!  My cousin just spent 7 years engaged to the man she just married 2 weeks ago.  There's nothing wrong with a long engagement, as engagement can last as long as the couple wants it to.  Don't rush into marriage or anything you aren't ready to do yet though.  Good luck!

3. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

There could be two reasons. One - he is perhaps giving you a beautiful surprise of engagement. Second- beware of such tactic of people who are clever in doing such things  through  which they can easily reach to  the body of a girl?.I hope your boyfriend is not like this.

4. ArefinShams profile image56
    ArefinShamsposted 7 years ago

ya you can be engaged for years, but there must be a reason that he is proposing you right now (if he's really doing that), may be he has decided to spend the hole life with you and he has reached in a position from where he can think about marriage.