jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My name is Dan. 46, christian, married. I got married 10 months ago to a non-chr

1. profile image45
    meagleydposted 8 years ago

My name is Dan. 46, christian, married. I got married 10 months ago to a non-christian with 2...

kids. It isnt working. I hope she leaves asap so I can get back to peace and quiet, no arguing. Im so very tired of it all, tired of living. What do I do?

2. sasanqua profile image79
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

Talk to her about it! Don't sit back and wait for her to do something. Since you are having the problems, you need to take charge of the situation and do something about it, even if it is to just tell her how you feel, then you can take it from there.

3. vox vocis profile image84
    vox vocisposted 8 years ago

If it´s not working, then it´s not working. You´re both adults, talk about it and each go your own way. Be honest with her, help her if you can, and help yourself because life is really too short to waste it feeling miserable, especially if you have a choice not to put up with what makes you feel unhappy. This doesn´t mean you need to throw her out, just help her make a new start and then let her fight for her life just like everybody else does.

4. donotfear profile image88
    donotfearposted 8 years ago

Yep, you gotta talk to her. Just ask her point blank if she's happy. Then deal with the consequences. People make wrong choices every day. This may be one of yours. I'm sorry it's not working out. This sometimes happens when we connect with those who aren't spiritually compatible.

5. WannaB Writer profile image92
    WannaB Writerposted 7 years ago

It would help to know what changed in ten months and why you married a non-Chrsitian in the first place. It seems strange that two people can want to get married and then not want to be married ten months later. I agree that having the discussion others have mentioned would be a good start, but if that doesn't do it, I would talk to your pastor and get his advice, or see a marriage counselor the two of you can agree on.

Like it or not, for the right reasons or wrong, you did make a commitment. You must have had a reason. Try to remember what it was and what changed. If you married for all the wrong reasons, and talking it out doesn't help, then separation is better than living together in hate. But you need more help than can be obtained here. Did you read my hub on this situation?

working