jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think my boyfriend and I will get back together?

1. Ashukah profile image54
    Ashukahposted 7 years ago

Do you think my boyfriend and I will get back together?

Hey there, my boyfriend of 2 years and 7 months broke up with me the other day. It has been hard, it has been stressful, but I have been reading many articles and trying to find solutions that will work to bring him back in my life. He still says that he "loves me to death" and all, but thinks we should be friends. He also said that he is stressed right now. It has to do with one of our dear friends dying from  cancer and something to do with some people who owe him money and are being annoying about it.

Do you think hell end up calling if I don't call him and want to be in a relationship?

2. dakotarae profile image53
    dakotaraeposted 7 years ago

mmmm give him like a week or so I would honestly move on sounds to me like he's getting tired of the relationship and is trying to find a way out, or maybe is really stressed, are there signs of him being stressed???

3. Ashukah profile image54
    Ashukahposted 7 years ago

Well, he's been acting different. His friends and family have noticed it as well have I. He's not as passionate about a lot of things as he used to be and it's been worrysome. I think he might be going through a slight depression with everything that is going on in his life. I mean for him to say that he still loves me and always will tells me that the break up didn't have anything to do with the relationship. We are the best of friends and love eachother on a very deep level and still do. He said himself he doesn't even fully understand how he's feeling. PLUS we live an hour away so we can't see eachother TOO often as possible, but when we do he says it's wonderful. I think that might also be adding to the stress. What do you think?

4. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

He says he's stressed, maybe he has some depression too, but he's ended your relationship saying he wants to be friends.  The best thing to do is probably give him some space and after a little while contact him to check on how he is if he hasn't contacted you, but don't agree to be 'friends' and fall into that 'friend' category it just prolongs the breakup process (leaves you hanging on/hurting).  This is a relationship you were in for two years and you have every right to be upset, angry and hurt  about losing it, no matter what the reasons he's given you are.

5. eli grey profile image61
    eli greyposted 7 years ago

If he wants to be friends then be a friend. Be there for him now and even though its hard, put your own pain to the side. Let him know now what your're willing to sacrifce and later on he'll remember.

6. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 5 years ago

Sometimes men handle their stressful lives different from women so give him some space and see how it goes if he really wants to get back to you the ball is in his court it wasn't you who broke up with him