jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long should I wait for a women whos a year seperated from an abusive marriag

1. profile image43
    akaibakerposted 7 years ago

How long should I wait for a women whos a year seperated from an abusive marriage to commit?

2. profile image53
    tryoneposted 7 years ago

if you love her and see, what she left before meeting you. You'll be patience enouh for her trust coming back.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

if you believe love is just abouit a ring and climbing itnto bed with your partner, move on.
    If you believe love is to do with, honour, cherish, building trust, sickness and health,
    is about:
    'if you fall,
    I'll be there
    I will catch you
    time after time'
               Cyndy Lauper
    then, persist, it will all come in the end, however long.

4. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 7 years ago

It depends of kind of mental phase that she is in..normaly abusive marriages leave deep impact on a woman..it is not easy for anyone to comeout of it and it is not like computer that one can format and reinstall..so i guess u need to support her , before she is ready mentally...

5. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Someone who has been in an abusive relationship may take any length of time not just to recover from the abuse and any ongoing issues it has caused,  but also to feel ready and willing to make strong committments again. You can only decide how long you're prepared to 'wait' for a women to commit to you.