jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you had a son that turned out to be a girl would you tell him/her or continue

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

If you had a son that turned out to be a girl would you tell him/her or continue to lie to them?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

This sounds much like the plot of Misfortune by Wesley Stace...while I don't see this really happening in real life, if it ever were to happen I'd definitely tell him/her....don't let them wait and be humiliated the first time they take off their pants for a prospective lover.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

I think she would eventually notice that there were a pair of protuberances on her body that boys don't usually have, and that she is missing some bits that boys usually have.

4. Kelley Harmon profile image71
    Kelley Harmonposted 7 years ago

I assume you're talking about a complication such as a botched circumcision - which happens.

I would tell them as soon as they were old enough to understand. Better to tell them early on rather than have them waiting for a first period that's never going to come.

As for girls... I've only heard of that happening in hermaphrodites. In which case, if they were by all outward appearances a boy, they're going to figure out something is up when they're rushed to the hospital when the aforementioned menstrual cycle arrives and has to be dealt with surgically.

working