jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are Looks the most important factor when choosing to have a relationship?

1. daledad8 profile image80
    daledad8posted 7 years ago

Are Looks the most important factor when choosing to have a relationship?

Does a persons looks determine whether or not you'll date them? What is the two of you have excellent conversations but the looks aren't your preference?

2. Good Guy profile image87
    Good Guyposted 7 years ago

"Love at first sight."  Physical relationship attracts physically.  It is without a doubt that the first instinct is the look.  If the look does not appeal to the person,chances are that the person would not think about dating the other person. 

Initially looks take precedence.  Then before you have serious relationship, other factors come into play.

3. profile image60
    Raheposted 7 years ago

Looks are a factor when hooking up but they are not the most important this is because you need to be attracted to the person you are with.

A relationship is in the first few months kept alive by the physical attraction but that starts to wear... read more

4. valery elias profile image57
    valery eliasposted 7 years ago

Initially, people are attracted due to physical characteristics. However, as people age and their looks change, the personality and morality is more important. A pretty package on the outside doesn't guarantee a nice person. Someone you can talk to is critically important for a long term relationship.

5. profile image43
    KathMarieposted 7 years ago

In the words of Judge Judy, "Beauty fades, dumb is forever."  I heard my male friends say, "I thought she was hot until she opened her mouth."

6. daledad8 profile image80
    daledad8posted 7 years ago

I am grateful to all for your responses and ask that you keep them comming. Kath, and valerie, I love what you said. I also appreciate the sharing of personal experience, Rahe.

7. padmendra profile image44
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

Looks are not so much important for relationship.  Only thing is that the person should be trustworthy and committed.

8. the pink umbrella profile image78
    the pink umbrellaposted 7 years ago

Are you serious? No way. They may be what you notice first, but those looks go away. So you better make darn sure you like what underneith that skin before it starts to shrivle

9. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

Yes. Good looks in the subjective taste and judgment of the beholder.

working