Besides red roses, what are the most "romantic" flowers?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Besides red roses, what are the most "romantic" flowers?

2. Joni Douglas profile image81
    Joni Douglasposted 13 years ago

Calla lilies or orchids. They are both beautiful.  The calla lily is elegant while the orchid is complex.

3. mikicagle profile image82
    mikicagleposted 13 years ago

peonies are beautiful and very romantic they look like roses on steriods

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

I think a bouquet of tulips, all one color, is really stunning and since my fiance' knows it's my favorite flower then it's my choice for most romantic.  :-)

5. profile image52
    Vlynneposted 13 years ago

Tulips to me are not only beautiful but extremely sexy! They remind me of my delicate womanhood.

6. YouJustMight profile image54
    YouJustMightposted 13 years ago

Dasies. big_smile
    But that's just because they're my favorite.

7. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

In personal experience, it's been cockscomb celosia and non-stop begonias smile. That said, what makes them romantic is the thought that went into them...my husband knows that I love taking care of plants, and I love having green things all through the house. When he wants to buy me flowers, instead of buying me cut flowers that will die quickly he does some research to find out which ones will work well in our house and then buys me some compatible potted flowers from the local greenhouse. The aforementioned flowers were given to me because a) he knows I love non-stop begonias and b) he knew I wanted something with lots of pretty colors for a window box to put into the kitchen. That made those particular ones doubly romantic because not only did he go to the trouble to make sure they would be able to thrive in this house, but he had also been listening closely to our conversations and remembered the information for weeks before finding me the exact right flowers.

8. Rock$tarant profile image60
    Rock$tarantposted 13 years ago

Orchids, Fox gloves, and Calla Lillies.... and Peonies and romantic as well.. Fox Gloves have a fantasy look to them, but if they are in the right color they can be very romantic and beautiful...

9. profile image0
    erickcbposted 13 years ago

i call em "ta-daisies" which is ANY kind of flower given on a random day for no reason.( just because its monday..etc) super romantic because you make your significant other feel special out of complete randomness!

10. EmmaMedu profile image69
    EmmaMeduposted 13 years ago

Tulips and daisies!

They smell wonderful and are so romantic.

11. Glenn Raymond profile image61
    Glenn Raymondposted 13 years ago

Gardenia, Lillies, and Jasmine in that order, or at least that is what my wife insists.  I can't argue with her either, because she is a good cook.  (I have to eat sometimes, right).

12. profile image0
    gulnazahmadposted 13 years ago

Orchids are so lovely and romantic too. But all flowers are romantic it depends on your choice and nature what you like most.

13. Seva8 profile image61
    Seva8posted 13 years ago

I love flowers, who does'nt ?To receive flowers,is the best gift ever for me.The most "romantic" flowers are tulips,lily of the valey,snow drops,violets,and lilac.

14. darila profile image59
    darilaposted 13 years ago

I think it depends on what flower is your loves favourite. So the most romantic flower would be your loved ones favourite flower. Since that means you listened to her, which is pretty romantic, as men have a problem with listening hehe. Or, if you dont feel like listening, roses smile

15. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 13 years ago

Jasmine and freesia. The scents are as close to heaven as you can get here on earth.

16. Dr. Poeta Diablo profile image82
    Dr. Poeta Diabloposted 13 years ago

Lily flowers are also quite romantic. This can ad additional effects if the person you are giving these flowers to is also called Lily!

17. profile image50
    fidelbabyposted 13 years ago

Hello my new friend
    my  name is Fidel
    I found your profile today i decided to contact you for us to have agood relationship .Please if you really interested in me kindly contact me in my box with  my private email so that i we send you my picture .
    Below is my email address
    (fidelSoumah@yahoo.com)
    Hoping to hear from you
    Have a nice day
    Yours in  love fidel

18. Gilbert Smith profile image59
    Gilbert Smithposted 13 years ago

Whatever your special somebody likes, and you'd better know without having to ask!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)