Mobile marriages and long distance relationships are common these days. I am leaving a way from my wife for the last 10 months. To be honest things have not been easy but the Grace of God has sustained us and will keep to do so till the end of my studies next year march.
Some of the things that have helped me and can help others to keep our love burning include:
1. constant communication either by phone or email. I helps to talk to each other and be honest with each other in all communications
2. Keep in a good company of other friends. When I missed to have Christmas with my family for the first time last year, our fellowship organized a joint lunch together after which we visited and enjoyed each others company which helped me to forget about home.
3. Exercise the power of self control. unlike animals, God created humans with the ability to control their emotions and feelings. Its at such a time of long separation from your spouse or friend that such should be exercised.
4. Prayer and studying God's word have been key to my success. I have learn from God's word that I need to be faithful to my wife whether together or far a way from each other. When I feel attracted to other women, I just ask God to give me and give me the strength to move on. The feelings go and then life continues.
Its important to note that at such a time there are many who want to take advantage of the situation and harm your life. Remember Patience Pains but pays though it delays.
I did for the last 7 years so maybe I can contribute.
1) be committed with one another and have strong feeling for one another
2) sms or talk to each other often during the day. Nowadays with the high-tech options available it is easier and cheaper than used to.
3) see each other at least every 20 days/once a month. Not seeing each other for more than that will bring problems unless the distance is a well defined (short) period of time (let's say 3 or 4 months).
4) both partners should be both busy/working doing something they like.
5) Both are financially independent.
and..love love love.
good luck and keep strong.
by Brandon Mallo13 months ago
For them? Against them? What's your opinion on a long distance love?
by Jemuel4 years ago
Have you experienced a long distance relationship? What did you do to make it last?
by Naeh8162 years ago
Time apart does not bring you closer together; despite what fairytales, movies and books tell you but being clingy doesn't help either. Distance cannot fill the void of actually having that person there with you but it...
by Lor M3 years ago
How Do You Handle Long Distance Relationship?If you are in a long distance relationship, I would love to hear your story.
by Jenneez6 years ago
How can you be successful in a long distance relationship?When your totally in love but unfortunate finances keep you apart, how can you keep the faith, stay positive, and keep your trust in the other person in order to...
by jessyferari112 months ago
I'm in a long distance relationship I need advice STAT.What would your advice be for someone whose spent almost 2years in a long distance relationship? I read lots of articles on relationships but only a few on long...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.