Wife of 9 years cheated, we have a son, I want to forgive, she doesn't know what

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. profile image49
    kevindecker46posted 12 years ago

    Wife of 9 years cheated, we have a son, I want to forgive, she doesn't know what to do. On the...

    program, no contact for a month. How can do this without contact with my son also.

  2. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

    Sounds like she wants some spice in her life. She may feel her life with you has becomes, sorry, boring. She's continually looking beyond the fence to greener pastures, or maybe a bigger wallet. Seems like you might have to spice up the package a bit. Entertain her more often, take her out, get her interested in things that the two of you can do together, remember her birthdays. Remember if the woman you are with doesn't feel like shes the object of your desire or that you are starting to take her for granted, women can fall out of love so quickly it'll make you wonder if she ever did love you. They fall out of love when they are not happy. Make her happy. Bend over backwards if need be.

  3. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
    6hotfingers3posted 12 years ago

    okay, I will try this again. I lost my last response to you. It is better to learn after 9 years than after 33 years that the two of you can not live together.

    I am not sure if you will not have contact living under the same roof or you will not have intimate contact. It may be for the good if you do not have intimate contact for your own personal protection.

    Allow her to sort things out. She may come around, if not allow her to leave. You  can love her from a distance and at the same time permit yourself to find someone else when you heal from the pain.

    Your son will be better off if he is not living around arguments and tension in the home. if you split, he will be hurt and not understand the reason mom and dad can't live in the same  house. One important thing you may want to ask your wife and yourself...don't divorce the child. Allow him to have two parents in his life. That is if things come to a place that calls for divorce.

    Good luck!
    I hope things work out for the good of the family.

  4. JulieMcDaniel profile image59
    JulieMcDanielposted 12 years ago

    i say do what you feel is right in your heart. if you think that you can forgive her and look past it then give it a try. if not then it is best to part ways and stay friends so that your son will have a good relationship with you both.

  5. profile image57
    fitguy757posted 12 years ago

    Hi ... Love the issue you have raised........if she is honest to tell you then believe,  she in essence...she is true to you.....there must be a million ways  to bring back your old flame.   its hard when you feel unloved but you can explore new friends or possibilitis too,  if you wish to be open with her......feel out what she feels   sometimes  just having an outside, opposite sex  true friends can make us feel more secure or whole,  (with or without sex, new friends can be phenomenal each in your own space).  Perhaps, love begins by giving the gift of freedom......I am a Buddhist  (www.vbtemple.org)  we believe  'all life is change'  explore it, enamour it.   I love the 7 points   as compassionate,  humility.....openness, understanding, communication.   I cheated once.....gave up my virginity to the wrong woman at 28...she had many relationships unbeknowst to me..its  difficult to be pure and to be honest too...give the best of all you are to her.....perhaps  she will also  and you both may fine a new and more exhilarating 'life path' in your relationship and with your son.  Forgiveness is a beneficent  quality too......I believe she adds a remarkable quality to you, it brings more beauty and humility in your soul........am sure she has feelings too she will love to explore with you, as much too.  Some things  are meant not to be, yet some are.

  6. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 12 years ago

    for better or worst and cheating is very very bad but I can't say worst and you love you son. forgive her and be with you son and if can;t do, stay at-least until son is grown. she had sex with someone and soap can clean that but work to see what will stop that and for son  work though it. but make sure you tow talk and LISTEN TO EACH OTHER and do what it take sexually for her not to go out side of you unless you want it and you pick the person. some people in to swinging.


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)