jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did you ever have someone confide something in you that made you think you shoul

1. advisor4qb profile image79
    advisor4qbposted 7 years ago

Did you ever have someone confide something in you that made you think you should do something...

about the thing they confided?  Did you do it?

2. Support Med. profile image73
    Support Med.posted 7 years ago

The best that I can say at this time is if someone tells you something and you feel deep within your gut, your heart, your mind, etc., that something should be done about it, even if you cannot personally do it yourself, tell it to the proper channels.

3. vydyulashashi profile image58
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

thinkin deeply it depends on mind set and situation.

if someone makes u happy or wen v feel happy in their presence, it makes us to do something abt tht..

bt if its like revenge or hurtng someone..better thnk abt tht

4. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

The litmus test for me is always "Is there danger to that person or someone else?"  If the answer is yes, you should contact a mental health professional or law enforcement, or direct the person to a emergency room at any hospital.   Safety is the first concern.  I have been a school counselor for more than 30 years, I have had this situations dozens of times.  I have always acted on the situation and never regretted even one time.  If in doubt, go to a counselor or clergy and ask them to help.

Sometimes a person is cheating or stealing or something that has a lower level of risk, in those situations, you must let your conscience be your guide.  There may be more than one correct answer.

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

it depends on the person.......if they're someone that I consider close of course.  People usually don't confide in you unless they are looking for you to help in some way.  Whether through advice or actually doing something

6. svencill profile image60
    svencillposted 7 years ago

Yes, yes, yes. I hate when that happens. It is the worst position to be in.

7. TruecoloursHR profile image57
    TruecoloursHRposted 7 years ago

It depends on what the situation is. If it means that by doing 'something about it' will end up hurting other people i.e.someone being unfaithful, then I would suggest keep your confidence and try not to be involved, however it does boil down to your own morals and what you feel comfortable with. If on the other hand someone tells you something like "they are going to buy a gun and shoot people" well that's a no-brainer - even if you think they are just mouthing off, better to look a bit foolish and tell the authorities than something tragic happening.  People who tell you they are going to kill themselves, then it's best to talk to an expert, i.e. medical doctor or an organisation that deals with depression - you might just save a life.