jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you ever to back to being best friends with someone you have had an intimate

1. Rusty121 profile image58
    Rusty121posted 7 years ago

Can you ever to back to being best friends with someone you have had an intimate relationship with?

2. Dave Harris profile image75
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

Depends, I couldn't personally if the relationship ended badly, but a friend of mine stays in touch with about 90% of his ex-girlfriends, don't know how his new girlfriend each time can cope with that, each to their own I guess!

3. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

It depends on the circumstances from which the intimate relationship ended. Things will never be the same between the two of you. If the breakup was on the positive side and both people agreed to the end of the intimate relationship. You could have a better friendship than it was originally. It will be based on different variables.

4. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

No. but once I tried to contact my ex. An important person to me with which I wanted to be friends. He did not want. I believe that after the disappointment there may  be a beautiful friendship between two people who shared a piece of life and a deep knowledge

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

You can.  I am.  The people involved have to be mature, reasonable, understanding, and forgiving; and they have to have to reason to have that friendship (having had children together can be that reason; but I suppose some people prefer not to lose what was a good friendship over what was a less than great romance, and I suppose they have to be people who value the friendship, as well).

working