jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hi, my husband and I have a 3 month baby. I have taken a yr paid leave from work

1. profile image46
    T hurtposted 7 years ago

Hi, my husband and I have a 3 month baby. I have taken a yr paid leave from work and feel my...

husband has become quite controlling in our relationship. When we have major arguments I end up having to constantly try and reconcile only to be  ignored time and again until he decides otherwise. We have just had yet another argument over the weekend and I have tried telling him that we need to go to a marriage counsellor and yet again I was ignored. I am unsure what to do.

2. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

There must thousands of similar questions, with answers of varying value, on these pages.  Use the search facility, upper left corner.

For me, this is a relatively kind response.  These boo-hoo relationship questions are most tiresome.

3. Teresa Schultz profile image81
    Teresa Schultzposted 7 years ago

Demand that he tell you what's up, so that you can sit down together and chat about it, and possibly see a marriage councellor about it.  If he refuses or continues to ignore you, go to a friend or relative for a few days, telling him that you want the relationship to work, and that you're giving him some space to think about it on his own, but if he's not prepared to give it a bash, you cannot live like this, and the relationship will have to end. Just my two cents - please seek further help, or see a qualified family guidance councellor on your own.

4. minabe profile image60
    minabeposted 7 years ago

It is important to establish what triggers the arguments. When a partner is overtly domineering; there is a possibility of transference of angry or authority. This individual could be under tremendous pressure at work and needs to express his manhood . Hence you must note that its also important to check his family history for this kind of behavior. He could have had a difficult childhood. If you ignore him; eventually the silent syndrome will appear eventually both of you will not  communicate. Love is the greatest weapon that you ever have at your disposal.

working