jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do You Agree With This: Men Have To Respect Women, But Women Have No Reason To R

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Do You Agree With This: Men Have To Respect Women, But Women Have No Reason To Respect Men?

2. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

I absolutely disagree. It's up to everyone to respect everyone.

3. profile image50
    PlumbersLiverpoolposted 7 years ago

No i don't, it's terrible. Look at domestic violence for instance, it is on the up in this country towards men from women (UK) Now there is many many support groups for women and the police frown upon it yet if a man was to walk in to a police station and report his wife for domestic violence on him he would get absolutely no support what so ever. It's stupid.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Men have no more reason to respect, or disrespect women, than women have reason to respect or disrespect men.
    There is one respect that is due to all people, regardless of gender, race or creed: respect for their humanity.

5. Kathleen Staley profile image57
    Kathleen Staleyposted 7 years ago

NO WAY!!! People of all genders, religions, ethnic backgrounds, political affiliations...etc. must EARN respect. Beyond the basic respect of life and liberty, respect is a right of passage in a relationship and the problem in many cases is that people have a preconceived idea of the world they make for themselves, instead of evaluating the way they need to fit into the world of someone they bring into theirs.

6. Literature Fairy profile image77
    Literature Fairyposted 7 years ago

I completely agree with Kathleen! People deserve a basic human respect and dignity, no matter whomever they are. But after that respect can be earned or lost, depending on behaviour. But it should have nothing whatsoever to do with gender, ethnicity, class, race, sexuality or religion.

7. amaliejanet profile image56
    amaliejanetposted 7 years ago

Def not. What would be the point of respect if it dose not apply to everyone ?

8. patp profile image54
    patpposted 7 years ago

Respect should be mutual, but remember respect is earned not assumed!

9. zsobig profile image84
    zsobigposted 7 years ago

OMG, of course I do not agree with that. I think it is stupid. If you are in a relationship with someone you both have to rescpect each other, if not, the relationship will end soon.

working