jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Why are woman quickly catching up to men in the amount of sexual and emotional c

1. ThunderKeys profile image66
    ThunderKeysposted 5 years ago

Why are woman quickly catching up to men in the amount of sexual and emotional cheating they do?

Recent research shows that an increasing number of woman who are in otherwise monogamous, long term relationships, are doing more sexual and emotional cheating at work and increasingly online. What do you think is the biggest reason for this increase? 

2. heatherleex profile image60
    heatherleexposted 5 years ago

One of my guesses would be it's a lack of communication with one's partner that causes this.

Usually something is missing if you find yourself seeking intimacy elsewhere, and the only way to resolve the issue in your relationship is to communicate and work on it.  I think a lot of people skip that step and assume their partner should automatically know something is "off", and instead just get it from someone else when they feel it's not improving after a certain amount of time.

I've also heard a lot of cheaters claim their relationship is basically over, so there's no harm done, but I bet their partner is unaware of this if nothing was said about it.

Another guess: I would say that maybe a lot of people are in relationships with people they shouldn't be with.  Rushing into marriages and such before realizing you aren't as compatible with your partner as you initially thought--I think that would create room for cheating.

I suppose there are too many factors that come into play!

3. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

I believe society has become conditioned to a point where neither gender know how to fill the other person's needs anymore.  They are given poor advice on how to strengthen, improve, or even start out in a relationship.
    Since no one knows how to do it right anymore, they fall further into the cycle of unhappiness. 
    Both men and women need to learn how to meet the needs of their partner in order for them to feel safe, secure, and loved.  When you are truly happy there is no need for cheating to occur and it doesn't. 

Just my 2 cents.

4. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I know the research says the number is increasing but I find it hard to believe that this number is only increasing now, perhaps these types of women were simply lying in past surveys?

Nevertheless, I think the reason men and women cheat is because there is opportunity and a desire for something or someone different. A desire for attention that hasn't been consistent would also appear to be a top reason.

Most women do a lot of things for their households and they don't get much appreciation for it. So when opportunity knocks or they see it, they seize it without thinking about the repercussions or they have a disregard for it due to their own selfishness.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Women have historically cheated more than men. We just usually don't get caught. Unfortunately, there more women who are getting found out.

6. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years ago

Sounds like men are slacking off a bit.  Come on guys!  Let's pick up our GAME here!  We can WIN this...

Seriously though, it looks some of these answers are aimed more at the reason people cheat, in general.  But why are women cheating more at this point in time?

I think it's simply because there's greater opportunity to cheat, and because there's greater acceptance among friends and society in general for those who do cheat.  Some folks even feel entitled to cheat and society is becoming more and more approving of that way of thinking.

Personally, I think...if you want out, then leave.  But don't be dishonest...either you meant those vows or you didn't.

7. ginjill ashberry profile image76
    ginjill ashberryposted 5 years ago

Interesting comments, all. I had my train of thoughts in line when i decided to join you guys. Hee..hee.. Now i am not too sure which direction i'm suppose to head. All comments seemed to merit a vote.

Answering the question 'the way ThunderKeys asked it', I'll add another to the variety then. Which was my initial guess anyways. It could be the same reason in the past, where:-

Female are NOT supposed to Learn to Read, Now they DO.
    Female are NOT supposed to be Politician, Now they DO.
    Female are NOT supposed to Propose marriage, Now they DO.

And many other examples, by now, everyone gets the idea.. EQUALITY?

8. Beverly Kase profile image60
    Beverly Kaseposted 5 years ago

This is a very good question to ask. I am currently in a relationship where my man has cheated on me but I haven't. He says he is happy and he loves me very much, but as a man, like all other men, once in a while the feel the need to just have someone but not for a long period of time. Only for mere minutes, but that doesn't mean giving his love and affection away, it's like trying a new dish but not really wanting it to be your favorite. I think some women feel this way too. They like the adrenalin and the rush they get from doing something they shouldn't be doing and trying not to get caught. Just like everyone else when we were young, we sneak into clubs and do things we couldn't legally do because we were under age. The rush feels good, and after getting caught a few times it's addicting and we can't stop. Why do you think people get caught and go to jail for the same thing over and over again. I believe it is human nature to want something new sometimes but when you have that one thing you really love you don't want to change it or loose it, you just want something different to miss what you have only for a little bit, so you know that no matter what, what you have is what you really want. I hope I did not go way off track on the question.

9. profile image50
    Emma Lopezposted 5 years ago

A lot of people cheat, very few people think they might not get caught. With the kind of technology available now to avoid getting caught by your spouse, its obvious the numbers are going to increase. Flagebuzz, Iswipe and Blackbook are some of the popular tools available to hide your secret affairs.

Why women? Ever heard of Adam and Eve? tongue

1. profile image0
      chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Emma, I missed it...did Adam cheat on Eve or something?