jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is cheating not an ultimate act of betrayal?

1. profile image47
    skyejulesposted 7 years ago

Why is cheating not an ultimate act of betrayal?

I noticed three months ago you mentioned cheating isn't the ultimate act of betrayal. I want to know why. I expect my fiance not to cheat. If he does, it's a breach of trust, and breaking trust IS the ultimate act of betrayal in a relationship. And I'm also in disbelief that you would insult men by saying women shouldn't be surprised to find their husbands or SOs have cheated.

2. TylerCapp profile image81
    TylerCappposted 7 years ago

Cheating IS an ultimate act of betrayl. It's totally backwards that people make it seem like it's okay. It is NOT okay by any means. If you're going to be with somebody then you're with them, period. If you want somebody else, then be nice enough to end the first one before you do. Sorry, I get worked up at the very idea that it's considered okay.

3. R3dcougar profile image58
    R3dcougarposted 7 years ago

I don't recall saying either of those things...but at any rate, there are far worse things a partner can do to sabotage a relationship  than just have sex with someone else!  Decide if being enraged about the cheating is about his betraying your trust - or whether it is about insecurity and possessiveness.

4. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 6 years ago

There are many ways to betray someone in a marriage, it does not always have to be sexual.  I do agree with you that cheating is at the top of my list, too, as a horrible betrayal.  Cheating is so prevalent today that many, many men and women do it.   It's not right, and I believe trust, faithfulness and respect are so important to a marriage or relationship, that if broken, it would be very difficult to continue on.

working