Do you go through your partner's cell phone?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (31 posts)
  1. your cybersister profile image61
    your cybersisterposted 12 years ago

Do you go through your partner's cell phone?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

No, not at all.  I think even when people are married, they need a little space.

3. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

no, well he lives in the netherlands, but even if he was here I wouldn't. Even when I was married to someone else, I never went through it. I feel you should be able to trust your partner more than anyone else in the world. If you can't trust him, why be with him/her.

4. jongmi42 profile image60
    jongmi42posted 12 years ago

I used to when I did have a partner.  The only reason I did was because he did it to me first, but then it became a habit.  I think if you feel like you have to go through your significant other's cell phone, then the relationship and trust needs to be re-evaluated.

5. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 12 years ago

I don't because I believe it is an invasion of their privacy, but oh how I want to so badly sometimes.

6. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

No, but if I felt something "wasn't right" or I was (lied to) I'd be incline to prove to myself if  I'm being paranoid or justified.
    No one wants to be made a fool. As the TV show "Cheaters" states, "Exercise your right to be informed"
    With all the various STDs floating around along with Aids cheating is no longer just about betrayal.

However to search a mate's phone "just because" indicates one has trust issues.

Unfortunately most people cheat (before) they tell you they're unhappy. If you suspect they're cheating they usually won't admit it.

You might as well end the relationship if you "suspect" they're cheating. Whether it turns out they did or didn't doesn't really matter because there was "something" about the relationship that did not make you feel "emotionally secure"

Learning they were cheating would have simply provided you an "explanation" in your eyes for their change in behavior.
    If it turned out they weren't cheating but their behavior towards you was no longer as loving then you still would not be happy in the relationship!

7. profile image0
    aurorastoneposted 12 years ago

Yes I do, but not really because I'm trying to snoop (although I've done that a handful of times), but because I use his cell phone to send stupid messages to the friends that we share or if I need to use his phone for a particular app. He does the same to mine. We don't mind; we hide very little from each other.

8. JT Walters profile image71
    JT Waltersposted 12 years ago

No I would never violate another person's privacy. I am not that into anyone else.  I can barely keep up with my own cell phone.

9. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 12 years ago

I have been married for 4 years and have never picked up my wife's phone except on accident (we have the same phone). I have caught her reading my texts before and I flipped. It is an absolute invasion of privacy. Especially if you are married, you have to have trust and you cannot share every little thing. You have to have a tiny piece of the world to yourself or you will go insane.

10. mayastorm profile image60
    mayastormposted 12 years ago

Yes if there is a phone number that I wish to find and I know that he has it already saved smile. Besides that no, why?  If he is cheating on me then he was not mind to begin with.

Trust is the key to any relationship, without it we don't really have a relationship.  Just a ship with a crazy jealous freak and  cheating son of wench.

11. woodamarc profile image42
    woodamarcposted 12 years ago

Really, who's got the time?  And if you have that much time on your hand and that's all you have going on,.. I guess the relationship with your partner is most likely on the fritz.

12. Loveslove profile image61
    Lovesloveposted 12 years ago

Definately not.I wouldnt like him to go through mine ...we respect eachothers privacy....whats the point anyway ?

1. Ejaz Mir profile image54
      Ejaz Mirposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wanrt To, make u my wife

13. puddingicecream profile image69
    puddingicecreamposted 12 years ago

I personally don't. I trust my partner so I wouldn't even think about doing it.

1. Ejaz Mir profile image54
      Ejaz Mirposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I requeast ,u meerry me

14. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 12 years ago

No.  If I felt the need to look through my partners cell phone, I would realise that there is a major trust problem in our relationship or if I suspected he was cheating (or even keeping his phone locked, on silent at times etc) I would not need 'hard' evidence to support what I already knew was happening...  If things are that grim that you have to check up on your partner in secret, you probably shouldn't be in that relationship.

15. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

No, I definitely would never go through my partners cell phone. I think that if I did it would show a lack of trust and respect for them. I would hate it if he went through my phone, not because I have anything to hide, I would just hate it and feel that he didn't trust me.

16. smith624 profile image58
    smith624posted 12 years ago

No. But I haven't had a reason to do so. If I did, then yes I would do it. But I would make sure I had a very good reason before I did it. Because I think if you start down that road because of some phone call you may have misinterpreted or something of that sort and your partner finds out, it can lead to a lot of hurt feelings because of mistrust.

17. profile image0
    Southern Museposted 12 years ago

I have.  My fiancee and I had trust issues - after losing his son in a custody battle, our relationship went downhill very quickly as we both stopped communicating with each other, too absorbed in our own worlds.  I started noticing that he was texting a lot more, and then got suspicious one night when a woman's name I didn't recognize came up on his phone.  I usually answered when he was in the shower, etc., because we trusted each other that much.  So I answered, and it turned out to be an affair.  (I confronted him about it and we have since worked through our issues of communication and entered into a deeper relationship.)

For a good year after that, I would sneak peaks at his texts.  At first it was a way to catch him, but eventually it became a positive thing.  The more I checked, the more I knew he wasn't cheating because none of the texts were ever suspicious.  While I know it's not the sole indicator of affairs, it eased my mind enough that, after a year, I finally stopped checking them.

We still answer each other's phones occasionally, especially if we know the other would take the call (from family, the lawyer, etc.).  But we also respect each other's space and I don't venture into his texts anymore.  But we both are fine with the other "checking in".  We trust each other to not cheat, or to address issues before they get to breaking point.  I take it of a sign of our strength that we both trust each other enough to respect our space but also to allow the other to enter that space to erase any doubts.  Because, let's face it, we all have doubts.

18. geiser093 profile image61
    geiser093posted 12 years ago

No I trust my wife and am just not interested in running a regular investigation on her phone usage.

19. RedxVelvet profile image60
    RedxVelvetposted 12 years ago

I've used it on occasion when my own was not available, but I haven't delved through the device with the intent of being nosy or rude.

20. Jennie Demario profile image40
    Jennie Demarioposted 12 years ago

that is dangerous territory..if there is no trust then you have bigger problems than your partners phone..

21. padmendra profile image50
    padmendraposted 12 years ago

I have not yet experienced it yet because my  partner's  relationship with me is the only trustworthy relation I have in my life and the strength of our relationship is not only love but trust and faith between each other. Whichever relationship is standing on to these two pillars there will be no requirement for you to doubt and check  on your partner's belongings.

22. INDIAGUIDE profile image40
    INDIAGUIDEposted 12 years ago

Yes for solving the problems for recharging, rearranging the icons & changing the setting. All this after permission.

23. tosha11 profile image61
    tosha11posted 12 years ago

No, being in a relationship says that you trust who you are. In my relationship trust and respect is something you don't mess with. Phones and e-mails are OFF limits. The only thing we share that some don't is our bank statments. We both have seperate accounts but neither of us mind looking at the other ones statements. We only do this when we are trying to figure out bills. If you think your partner is hiding something simply ask them.

24. JenJen0703 profile image80
    JenJen0703posted 12 years ago

Heck yeah, I would get into my significant other's phone.  There should not be anything to hide.  If my man didn't have a problem with me getting into his phone, I'd be less likely to get into it.  It's the ones that refuse and make a big deal about that you have to watch out for.  If you are with someone, you shouldn't have to hide things from the other person.

25. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 12 years ago

If I did, what the hell would be the point of the relationship?  If you can't trust who you're with, you're with the Wrong Person!!  Trust and communication are the sacred trust of a working relationship.  If there's no trust there's no relationship.  Period.

26. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

No, I do not.........nor his pockets or wallet.

Either  you have trust and privacy or you do not.

When you do not, you have far bigger issues than what is on the cell phone.

27. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

No I could care less who they call.  phone calls are a personal thing like mail. I would never open their mail either.

28. goego profile image82
    goegoposted 12 years ago

yup...when my battery goes dead I steal hers

29. profile image0
    Tamizposted 12 years ago

No I haven't.  Although I did once go looking for a phone number for a specific reason to call them and then promptly got out of the phone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)