jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Gay friend acts straight with me in front of other people ...

1. KewlWriter profile image72
    KewlWriterposted 7 years ago

Gay friend acts straight with me in front of other people ...

I have his friend who is Homosexual. We met at this ministry club and we became pretty good friends. But the problem is no one else knows hes gay and he acts[flirts, overly affectionate] like he "likes" me as a  straight guy in front of these people and rumors are going around. This above said club has some older married people and I dont want to see like a whore to these people, I dont know what to do...

2. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

I've been around gay folks my whole life and never gave a flying crap what anyone thought. You know who you are, to hell with 'em.

3. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

It barely matters now, and it's going to matter less later. If you are concerned maybe invite the people you are self concious about to myspace so they can see your sexual orientation. Or just talk t tell him you are uncomfortable.

4. Youngcurves19 profile image61
    Youngcurves19posted 7 years ago

Talk to him in private and tell him you don't like it so please stop or you can't be friends anymore because its not right that he ruins your reputation to save his own. And no one is going to think you are a whore because someone flirts with you! If they do think that then they don't belong in church to begin with. Only god has the right to judge.

5. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I totally agree with justom, if you give a flying leap about what other people think in this situation, then you may not be the friend you think you are.   Your friend is obviously intimidated by others but is comfortable with you.  Cherish the friendship, you only get a few real ones in your lifetime, ignore the ignorant.

6. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 7 years ago

Well, there is nothing wrong about been gay, but a lot of gay people still feel embrass about it, due to various form of reasons, why some homophobias might hate gay people, or some people who although is not homophobia still does not agree with what they are doing.