jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

my bf is 8 years older than me and most of the time I can`t understand the way h

1. profile image47
    lalakiposted 7 years ago

my bf is 8 years older than me and most of the time I can`t understand the way he thinks. Is it...

normal to a guy not to send a message to his gf for two days?even i sent him message and tried to call him.But the last time we talk we were happy..

2. pintails7886 profile image77
    pintails7886posted 7 years ago

men and women will never understand each others thought process. lol. The truth is that our thought process is almost total opposites in most cases. Not that this is a bad thing, it is what gives us our different qualities.

some times guys will go a day or two without contact, maybe he is busy or something. Don't stress too much and for the love of God don't start accusing him of things you have no proof of, if you want to keep him that is.

Of course knowing your age and his would help understand the reasons behind it.

3. DrNaj profile image54
    DrNajposted 7 years ago

Hi There,

When you decide to call your boyfriend, you are likely to do more harm than good. Repeated calls will not encourage your boyfriend to chase after you, but will instead simply be turned off. There are a number of things that such an action will show, however innocent you really are.

Lalaki, don't chase him around... First of all, men love pursuing but are sacred of being pursued. You will just drive your boyfriend away. Calling your boyfriend will also dent your character, as you will seem to be rather possessive or impatient. Once you have called your boyfriend and left him a message to call you back, wait for him to do so. It is okay to call and leave him a voicemail - once.

So, what should you do when days painfully drag by without hearing from your boyfriend? While you will certainly feel a strong urge to pick up the phone and call him, you should refrain from doing this. The impression that may come across may be quite different from the way you actually feel.

Also Lalaki you should step back- You may be too close to the situation to see things clearly. Ask yourself, with all honesty, whether it is really worth pursuing such a relationship. Is the boyfriend really worth your time?

When your boyfriend does not call you back, you should in turn show that getting you is not all that easy. If he is truly interested in you, he won't risk letting you be won by another man, and he will call.

Hope this helps smile Good Luck

DrNaj

4. juiwei2000 profile image59
    juiwei2000posted 7 years ago

Oh girly, it depends on people and depends on circumstances, everybody are different.  Just like every girl is different.

My guess he is either playing hard to get (trying to put you in a position where you want what you ca't get) or you honestly just don't mean that much to him. (meaning, for him you are just some booty call.)

One thing you have to know, is that if he is 8 years older he might know quiet a few things about getting a girl, he might know so much he might even be able to afford to be a player if he choose to, so he is playing hard to get to keep a girl.  (I pulled the same trick before on a girl.  I got a girl's attention after I made fun of her, asking this hot and skinny girl whether she is pregnent when she yawn.  Then she go "You really know how to charm a girl you know?" and I said "when did I say I am interest in you?"  She got quiet flirty for the rest of the night, after that)

If he is sending you expensive gifts, it usually reflection of a situation where he doesn't care too much about you and his attitude towards you is shallow, although not always the case.  I am not sure why, but to my knowledge that is what some psychologist believe.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 7 years ago

older men are mode mature in the way they think, opinion, character and behavior. However, they can give you security, love and care better than younger partners.

Maybe the message that u sent to him is not important to him so he didn't reply. Don't take it too heart. Call him when it is necessary or important, don't call him if u miss him. He finds this action is childish.

Try talking to him when he is in good mood. Ask him why.

6. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image60
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 7 years ago

Well...if your bf is "so busy" not to answer on your telephone call and message for two days...this is not nice part of his character if this is regular behaviour.

You have every right to call your boyfriend (of course, not 10-20 times per day, when he is at work etc) - friendship should be normal part of healthy relationship.

If you cannot normaly communicate with person who you are with, relationship will never progress.

How would I react?
    I just would not answer on his calls for day or two next time. On that way, he would learn the lesson. Or he would´not - but I would finally know the truth.

I wish you a lot luck, everything will be fine.

working