jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

how can i cope with a long distance relationship

1. profile image45
    adebisi aposted 7 years ago

how can i cope with a long distance relationship

2. MR.POINT OF VIEW profile image57
    MR.POINT OF VIEWposted 7 years ago

Whew that's a good question. I would try by best to talk to them everyday and create a fun things to do list with them that we can do on the day we are together face to face again. I will make sure they are the last person i think about before going to bed and make sure thay are the first person I think about in the morning.

You need to start off on this path and add to it.

3. Chupp22 profile image79
    Chupp22posted 7 years ago

It depends on the situation. I have been dating a girl for just shy of 2 years, and the last 14 months she has been serving a mission so all I could do is write letters to her.

If you really want it to work out make sure you communicate frequently and openly with the person. Complement them and visit as often as possible.

The only way it will really work out eventually is if one of you moves to where the other is. Do you really like them, then how much are you willing to sacrifice for them?

4. A la carte profile image57
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

That is not an easy question to answer but with technology so advanced now what about services such as skype or firefly where you can have video link ups and at little or no cost. I am not saying it is the best ..just that it might help.

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

Take it one day at a time and don't think of it as a real commitment. If it's meant to be, it will be.

6. writing2b profile image60
    writing2bposted 7 years ago

It's really difficult..... I will not suggest to keep the long distance for more than 2 years.  I will try to set up a schedule to call each other and then call whenever I feel like.  Also writing email will be a good idea, coz some things are better put in words than saying it.  Be understanding and try to plan together for the future.

7. Rusty32 profile image38
    Rusty32posted 7 years ago

Skype would help.

I also think being honest, telling them how much they mean to you, and sending surprise gifts and letters will also help.

At the end of the day it is still hard to be away from the person you love...you just have to try and make it work as best you can.

8. SylviaSky profile image93
    SylviaSkyposted 7 years ago

Long-distance relationships require a lot of work and inner strength. If the loved one usually lives with you, and either one of you is working far away or abroad, the relationship can stay alive and faithful through daily contact by email, Skype or phone.

If the loved one's usual home is within the same country but far away, the relationship can stay alive, but even with daily contact, emotional and sexual faithfulness may be tested. For some people, especially marrieds, such faithfulness is non-negotiable. Others are sometimes willing to understand that a long-distance relationship has an element of risk.

If you normally live in different countries -- let's say you went abroad and met a charming person there -- the relationship is not likely to survive. The partners may have good intentions, but cultural and family issues will further stress the already fragile long-distance relationship.

working