jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I am second wife...Is it normal that your husband kept sending his first wife a

1. profile image45
    rheineposted 7 years ago

I am second wife...Is it normal that your husband kept sending his first wife a flowers every...

year for their anniversary?1989

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3869957_f260.jpg

2. tritrain profile image86
    tritrainposted 7 years ago

No, that's not a good sign.

I wouldn't tolerate that in a spouse.

3. profile image45
    rheineposted 7 years ago

My husband kept sending his first wife a flower every yea for their anniversary...it breaks my heart....plus he'll keep changing his account password once he send his first wife a flower....

4. mkott profile image75
    mkottposted 7 years ago

And he does this knowing that it breaks your heart??  For that matter if I was the first wife I think I would tell him its a no, no even if I still had feelings for him.  But... obviously neither of them think that it is wrong.

5. Jake Duke profile image59
    Jake Dukeposted 7 years ago

Sorry, but if you do not know the answer to that already, you may not be ready for marriage.

6. Ginsana profile image60
    Ginsanaposted 7 years ago

No that is not normal. Have you asked him why he would do that?  There is something very wrong. It is one thing to be friends with your ex and have a good relationship when you have kids, but a marriage is a 50-50 deal. He should always have your feelings in mind before he does something that is clearly is crossing a boundry he needs to respect.  Have you asked him about it? If so what are his answers?  Being a second wife does not meant you come SECOND for any reason at any time. There are some deep rooted feelings there that need to be addressed.. Good luck hope to know how it goes.

7. JayDee Sterling profile image61
    JayDee Sterlingposted 7 years ago

It is entirely inappropriate. Is he sending flowers on the anniversary of their wedding or the anniversary of their divorce?  If it is wedding that is very rude on his behalf as it relates to you and the first wife.  If it is for the divorce anniversary, that too would be generally rude, but understandable.

Either way, he should not send her anything. Emails and text messages are bad enough, flowers are just insulting.

8. profile image0
    happy mummsyposted 6 years ago

not normal, very tacky and so insensitive for that person to be doing that .. i am very sure you are hurt and feeling very small form the inside ;-( he should stop and move on with his life with you.

working