jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Everybody dies.Do you think one should prepare for surviving his/her spouse in a

1. ajuvr profile image68
    ajuvrposted 7 years ago

Everybody dies.Do you think one should prepare for surviving his/her spouse in advance?

2. profile image0
    jca197493@yahoo.cposted 7 years ago

I think everyone who is married needs to plan for the unknown. Death is a part of life and it is a road that eventually, we will all take. Financially, every married couple should have life insurance especially, if you have children. Being prepared saves you more heartache and worry in the long run...

3. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 7 years ago

Because every person will die at some point, it would seem like being prepared would be manageable,...but this is just one of those things we simply can not totally prepare for.
    My spouse of 14 years was diagnosed with cancer, and 10 months later gone. You would think 10 months would be a good amount of time to prepare, it is not. Rather than being prepared for the loss, I feel strongly that you should be enjoying the time they have remaining; which will better serve you when the end does arrive.
    In terms of monetary preparedness, you should work together toward making certain you have considered your partners well being for when you have passed, a plainly written will and life insurance policy are the kindest ways to show just how much you truly care about your loved ones. You might think this sounds trite, but soothing the immense anxiety surrounding the new things that the people left behind must contend with (funeral, paying bills, medical expensive accrued and so much more) is a gift never to be forgotten.
    Nothing can change you or your life as much as the loss of a loved one. My biggest piece of advice is to always choose love in everything you do together; for our mortality is immanent.
    K9

4. Shaan.S profile image74
    Shaan.Sposted 7 years ago

Everybody dies.... What matters more is that you must live... Living your life by preparing is not the best accepted idea... because death can happen at any time.... So enjoy your life with your spouse.. There is not much time left for anything...as... read more

5. padmendra profile image45
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

Everyone has to die one day. But no one knows when? Planning in advance for surviving his/her spouse in advance can be a better idea but  no one will be able to anticipate the actual time and period of  his/her death.

working