jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think it's possible for someone to be gay but disagree with gay marriage?

1. Heart Felt Book profile image79
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

Do you think it's possible for someone to be gay but disagree with gay marriage?

To be active in the life style of being free but having reasons for why they feel should not tie the knot.

2. jdflom profile image77
    jdflomposted 7 years ago

It's very possible. I know straight people that are against straight marriage.

3. AmyVanity profile image53
    AmyVanityposted 7 years ago

no i dont think its possible, to me, that sounds like hipocracy.

4. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Yes, the smart ones.  Why get the state (government) involved in their lives any more than they already are?

5. dawnM profile image65
    dawnMposted 7 years ago

sure why not, many straight people dont agree with marriage...lol
    what really is the difference, people are people, there are also gay republicans...wow what a concept!

6. cwarden profile image37
    cwardenposted 7 years ago

I know many people people that are "against" marriage.

It doesn't seem to me that a gay person would be against "gay" marriage.

Why would they not want others to be happy?

If they feel they should not "tie the knot" as you put it, it sounds as though they are against any marriage, gay or straight.

7. Heart Felt Book profile image79
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

lol...so true you guys..I think it's funny.Straight people don't want to get married but the gay's do

8. profile image0
    NikiiLeeReyesposted 7 years ago

I believe so. based on the background of where they came from, say a persons gay but his or hers family is of church and deep into the lord. They may accept themselves  and refuse to get married, perhaps partnership?

9. ttrash profile image57
    ttrashposted 7 years ago

definitely! While some gay people oppose marriage because they too believe it to be a "reserved" ceremony for heterosexual couples, others simply, like many straight couples, don't feel the need to be legally married in order to spend their lives together.

Closed to reply

working