jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I love your Hubs. I wish I could work up the courage to tell my wife that I want

1. profile image47
    arianna reneeposted 7 years ago

I love your Hubs. I wish I could work up the courage to tell my wife that I want to wear womens'...

clothing. But everytime I think I've worked up the nerve, I chicken out. I just can't come up with a good way to broach the subject. Any thoughts would be appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

I would be inclined to put down everything you feel in a letter to your Wife, then leave it for her to find, and go out for a good few hours in order to give her time to digest the information and to react, calm down etc. Tell her you love her so much that you want to be honest with her about the needs you have, but that you don't want to lose her (assuming that is the truth). The good thing about letters is the person reading them cannot interrupt you, will re-read what you say a number of times until they have thoroughly absorbed the info and what has 'been said' can never be disputed at a later date. At least by the time you talk to her face to face you will hopefully both be calm and she will not simply be having a 'knee jerk' reaction to shocking and unexpected news.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

This is a tough one, but I have a great idea for you. Rent the Eddie Izzard stand up DVD "Dressed to Kill" with her and gauge her reaction. He'll make it seem more normal and acceptable, which will soften the inevitable blow. Maybe you should also watch Ed Wood with her. Chances are, if you're a wild and energetic guy and the two of you talk about strange and interesting things a lot, she'll probably be ok with it. If you're a mild-mannered, "meat and potatoes" type of guy, she might be frightened. Try to make it not come as a surprise if at all possible. I would not put it in a letter.

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

If you are afraid just do it, and deal with her reaction later.  Wear something a bit less revealing to begin with, but once she sees you in the outfit; I think she will get the idea.