jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think having a faithful (exclusive) marriage is possible today?

1. Dviews profile image61
    Dviewsposted 7 years ago

Do you think having a faithful (exclusive) marriage is possible today?

2. lxbrendy profile image57
    lxbrendyposted 7 years ago

as per my thought.. couple should love each other deeply and this is the only way to make faithful marriage in this life...

just try to love your gf/bf deeply and truly.. this will help you in your life very much.

thanks and if you want to do more inquire then do contact me.

3. Victress In All profile image73
    Victress In Allposted 7 years ago

From a Christian perspective, and I mean from a perspective of true believer in God who lives a life that is not a "saint on Sunday, sinner on Monday and the rest of the week" -  having a faithful marriage is very possible.  Some Bible quotes: "Love binds us in perfect harmony"  "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

4. rollingdufflebag profile image56
    rollingdufflebagposted 7 years ago

I think it is possible, but we live in an age of increasing choice and people are far less likely to put up with something that is fundamentaly unfulfilling .

Or if some of their emotional or sexual  needs are not being met - they will find it easierthan ever to findsomeone else to fulfil them

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Of course it is!  You only have to tune out all of the trash from the mainstream media that tells you to be unfaithful, to sleep around, and if there is the slightest problem-get a divorce.  Modern media is trash, meant to destroy our world.

6. Dviews profile image61
    Dviewsposted 7 years ago

Hubbers thank you all for the very insightful answers.

Wesman Todd Shaw you hit the nail on the head because that question popped into my head, as I saw the news on some celebrity break-ups and how quickly they are ready to through in the towel.

I do know marriages that have lasted over 65 years as was my late grandparents and my husband and I are striving to get to that number smile

7. FloBe profile image83
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

Absolutely, but it is a choice people have to make. Commitment is a CHOICE and too many people don't know the meaning of that anymore. I used to say before I got married that if you can't stay faithful to someone (whom you're going to marry) before marriage, you're not going to stay faithful after marriage. I think that's what having an engagement time is partly about--testing faithfulness and commitment as well as getting to know the person better. Marriage means that you are an "exclusive" fusion of two beings.