jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think a marriage can last and be happy if one is affectionate and the oth

1. yaknowwhat profile image59
    yaknowwhatposted 7 years ago

Do you think a marriage can last and be happy if one is affectionate and the other is not ?

If one person needs affection and the other is not affectionate can they be happy together

2. graveyard-rose profile image81
    graveyard-roseposted 7 years ago

My answer to this question is simple. NO! If one is over passionate and the other proves to be cold. Then eventialy they will fall apart. One will think the other does not care, and the "cold" one will think that the passionate one is over bearing or to emotional. Either they need to find a middle ground and suck it up, or just split now.

3. paperdolls profile image55
    paperdollsposted 7 years ago

I guess so. It's like a law of magnet that we learned in school: "opposite poles attracts, like poles repel" :-)

4. Manutdmumto4 profile image60
    Manutdmumto4posted 7 years ago

Personally I would say No. My EX Husband wasn't affectionate at all, in fact he bordered on being cold. Me, on the other hand, I am extremely affectionate. We divorced after nine months, so I guess that kind of backs my theory! yikes)

5. bulalo profile image59
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

If the 2 parties do try, any marriage can last.

But it is easier for marriages to last if the 2 parties share common traits.

6. Flaming Volunteer profile image60
    Flaming Volunteerposted 7 years ago

Simply no, because the affectionate party, will want affection in return. And if they don't, they're going to be unhappy.

7. marksmommy profile image54
    marksmommyposted 7 years ago

yes i think so me and my husband have been together for 11 years and hes not that affectionate but we make it work and hes startinf to come around the important thing is communication tell him  how you feel.maybe hes not aware that hes not being affectionate.its a guy thing.us woman are emotional and we crave affection and attention.i know i do.we love with our hearts and actions and affection is important as it strenthens the bond we have with our mate.so i would plan a night when  you two can be alone together maybe have a nice candlelight dinner,soothing music, and a bubblebath afterwards.i know it sounds old and cliche but it works,good luck

working