jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you know that he is the one? If you say it is a feeling inside pls explai

1. MrsNouman profile image58
    MrsNoumanposted 7 years ago

How do you know that he is the one? If you say it is a feeling inside pls explain this feeling.

I hate when someone comes to me and says I am getting married.  I always then turn around and ask, how do you know that he/she is the one?  Then I get the same reply you just know like a feeling inside or my gut told me.  What on earth does this mean?

2. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

They like his investment portfolio. Trust me.                        .

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

One should be sexually attracted to the other person or it's going to be pretty hopeless.  Sexual attraction is the first thing that is important.  Can you picture yourself having sex with this person the rest of your life?

Compatibility is the next big thing.  Do you share the same kinds of values.  That's why it's important to date someone for a while and I suggest taking a trip together.  If you don't hate each other by the end of the trip it may be a good relationship.

You need to asses the other person a bit.  Will they be there when you need them?  Are they committed to a relationship?

How do they treat you?

Love is mostly lust when you first meet.  Real love can take time to develop.

If you don't feel really attracted to someone then you are just dating a machine, not a person.

You will know.  Marrying someone just because they have money or a good job is not a good enough reason.  You have a life to live together and that's not a weekend away... it's a lifetime.

It doesn't always work out... but that's why you shouldn't rush into a marriage.  People should date for a while.

4. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

I havent had that feeling of 'this is The One', which is probably why I am not married yet! lol However, I've always had a feeling that I will know when I meet 'him'...

5. dkroskens profile image57
    dkroskensposted 7 years ago

Hey MrsNouman

I'm not sure there is such a thing as THE feeling or THE one.  I know that you as a human have a lot of tools to work with when it comes to making decisions of this caliber.  First you have experience and a thinking brain, or you wouldn't be asking questions.  Use those tools to ask yourself what you want out of a long term relationship, what you have in common, what you do not have in common, and how each of those really weigh in to your priorities and his.  That's the unemotional part of the decision.  "That feeling" is an emotion that can wax and wane with the day, the way you physically feel and the circumstances you find yourselves in, so personally I can't put a whole lot of importance on it.  Don't get me wrong, it's important to be in love, but not just with the feeling.  It accompanies your respect for him as a person, his ideals, his goals, his gifts, his problems, and the way he handles those problems.  That in a nutshell is the feeling.  The feeling may come and go, but character seldom changes.  Get to know his character, beleive me, it will be worth it in the end.  Study the way he reacts to good times, bad times, frustrating times, traffic, crowds, being alone, disagreements, etc. etc.  Good luck....you can do it !

6. dragonlady1967 profile image86
    dragonlady1967posted 6 years ago

Well, I am getting married (again). Which is a scary step after being married for 20 years and completely unhappy from the first time.  How do you know?  Well, you don't know...it's a leap of faith and hoping the marriage will last.  The nice thing is this time, my fiance and I are great friends and I think that helps a lot in a relationship.  We have so many similar interests and our values about marriage are almost identical.  This is completely opposite from my first marriage.  I think you just have to really like the person, because Love is too easy.

7. Sesshoumaru2st profile image58
    Sesshoumaru2stposted 6 years ago

it means they are gullible fools.If you don't have a reason why you love someone,it mean your relationship is based off infatuation.I mean seriously,I love you because i feel it in my gut? HAHAHAHA ok man whatever.