jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why would people want their ex back? Is it worth it?

1. elvit profile image56
    elvitposted 7 years ago

Why would people want their ex back? Is it worth it?

2. Dynicky profile image57
    Dynickyposted 7 years ago

i don't think there is any one answer to that question.  Sometimes people want their ex's back because there are so many memories and they just haven't gotten over them. 

When someone has spent many years building memories with someone it can be really hard to let go..  At times it feels easier to hold on then to start all over...

A lot of times it really isn't worth it.  When a relationship goes bad, often times it can't be fixed.  But then, there are relationships that work out when people get back together.

So I guess it just depends on the people involved and if they are really willing to work at the relationship... That determines if its worth hanging onto or not...

3. edekeful profile image80
    edekefulposted 7 years ago

Sometimes is just attachment.

Sometimes realization of what you have lost.

Is it worth it? It's very risky. But it depends on both sides wishes.

4. Edlira profile image67
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

Generally speaking (without knowing the particular details of a break up), I will list only some of the reasons that would make someone want their ex back:

- the belief you are still in love with them (sometimes it can be true, while others it is an ilusion; people are in love with the feeling of the happy memories and that's what they miss);

-the fear of being alone (emotionally speaking), never finding someone new to love and be loved by;

-the tendency to idolize them, to intensify the goods they had and forget the misery they put you through;

-the fear of starting all over again, from scratch;

Every time people break up, especially the ones who have been left, feel extreme pain and sense of rejection and that hurts so bad, so just for the validation's sake (that they are worthy of love, and deserve it), they want to get back even in unhealthy relationships to "prove" to themselves and the "loved" one they are WORTHY!

Is it worthy??? You can't generalize, everything depends on the story behind the relationship and the people involved. In my opinion, time is the best judge.

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

Great question I never understood that either, especially if the break was not a good one.  If anything both individuals should want each other back after realizing their break was a mistake.  But if not....... why relive the heLL, it isn't worth it X them out of your life for good!

As for the memories..... they can remain just that because if those memories meant anything sorrow and heart ache would not have found it's way in.  Well at least not be allowed in

6. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

One person could have been very happy in the relationship when their partner decides to end the relationship - this often leads to the person who was dumped wanting them to come back.  Either this or the person who did the dumping decides they 'made a mistake' and wants to try to get back together.  Either way, in my experience, more often than not going back just allows history to repeat itself - sooner or later, so I would say no, it's not worth it.

7. Gayly profile image60
    Gaylyposted 7 years ago

Once you are in a relationship, you always fear of losing someone you really love. When suddenly the relationship ended, normally, the person who've been left behind wants the person back. Come to think of it, there might be a deep reason why the relationship ended, most of the time coz they have fallen out. Instead of wasting time trying to win the person back, move on, there is no easy way but to accept and go on. Remember, there are many fishes in the sea.smile